• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Attacking celebrities, calling them gay? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Why do people constantly attack popular male celebrities and decide they must be gay? Off the top of my head I can think of thorpie, guy and now anthony callea.

More so, why are they generally the celebrities I see some credibility in?? The ones I like?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I love Guy and Anthony anyone who calls them gay is entitled to their opinion but i believe it is an unfounded one and also depends on the context... there is no evidence that proves they are homosexual and no reason to say they r 'gay' as in lame! I love them and if u dun like them 2 bad they r all mine and wen they rock ur socks like anthony did last night u can have him even if u change ur mind!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
why is it a form of attack to call them gay, maybe they actually are gay?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
johnson said:
why is it a form of attack to call them gay, maybe they actually are gay?
yeah maybe they are. i see it as a form of attack because they, to me, are not gay. i mean, guy and thorpie have girlfriends and i have almost no doubt anthony is not gay. i don't see why people have to speculate all the time.

missy higgins - i suppose, i had never considered it but now that you mention it, it's just he short hair

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
iambored said:
yeah maybe they are. i see it as a form of attack because they, to me, are not gay. i mean, guy and thorpie have girlfriends and i have almost no doubt anthony is not gay. i don't see why people have to speculate all the time.

missy higgins - i suppose, i had never considered it but now that you mention it, it's just he short hair
well, no offence but unless you know them closely (and sometimes even then you won't know) you don't know for sure if they are gay or not

and whether they are or not is their business, i agree people should get a life and all that jazz and not speculate about celebritys' sexualities, but you are only adding fuel by bringing this up at all

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
It's uncalled for. Because no matter how much people try and cover it up with "why...its not like its a bad thing...right?! ;) :vcross: " sorta thing - you cant deny that theres malice or a stigma attached to the titling.

Its very unfair to label some people as being gay - imagine what conservative families, spouses, girlfriends, collegaues, etc may feel.

Also - Its really nobody elses business.

Thats my 2 cents.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i'm wondering more so why it's the celebrities i like. not only celebrities i like, sometimes people i find very nice in real life as well, then get labelled as 'potential gays.' is it something about their personality? their dress?

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
the people who get called gay generally have a sense of style and know how to dress, thats why they are called gay

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
kinda off topic, but does anyone else think missy higgins gives off some gay vibes?

oh and im not in any way attacking her, i like her music. just wondering is its just me.
every1 has been thinking that since she cut her hair- b4 hand every1 thought she was hot- in my opinion she still is

troika

HSC
N/A
they call them gay because they are jealous and want to find some way of putting them down.

Ellie-Bee

HSC
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
kinda off topic, but does anyone else think missy higgins gives off some gay vibes?

oh and im not in any way attacking her, i like her music. just wondering is its just me.

i don't think she does. but i've never really thought about it!!

DaRanjed

Why do people constantly attack popular male celebrities and decide they must be gay?
Because unless the guy isn't out telling the media who and what he did in bed last night, people think he's got no interest in girls. Period.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
Why do people constantly attack popular male celebrities and decide they must be gay? Off the top of my head I can think of thorpie, guy and now anthony callea.

More so, why are they generally the celebrities I see some credibility in?? The ones I like?
Probably because celebrities are always in the spotlight... its not right but it just happens...
I havn't heard rumours that guy is gay? Ive heard about thorpie and Anthony..
I think jealousy is a major factor... ppl just get jealous of others and make up silly rumours..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)