Attention - People with State Rankings or Olympiad involvement or similar achievement (1 Viewer)

casebash

HSC
A group of Olympiad students at Sydney university have started Elissa Incorporated. We aim to become the highest quality student tutoring organisation in Sydney. By joining us you can gain access to higher hourly rates - through increased credability and due to the unparallelled reputation we hope to gain. Tutors still tutor individually, we simply find more clients for them.

Our organisation has two central contact people, who anyone can contact to be redirected to a tutor in their area. We soon hope to produce a website with a searchable map (once google maps allows searching of suburbs in australia). Please PM me if you have any questions or want to join.

An olympiad camp invitation in anything except informatics (not enough demand for tutors) will probably get you into our organisation, as would a state ranking in a subject people want tutition in. High achievement in external competitions will be looked on favourably.

Last edited:

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
Re: Attention - People with State Rankings or Olympiad involvement or similar achieve

What if I sit on top of you?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Re: Attention - People with State Rankings or Olympiad involvement or similar achieve

State ranking and Olympiad involvement does not mean that they are capable of teaching.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC

Templar said:
State ranking and Olympiad involvement does not mean that they are capable of teaching.
It doesn't mean they're not, either. I mean, let's be realistic - most tutors straight out of high school, whether sporting Olympiad medals or not, have no idea what the hell they're doing.

casebash

HSC

Ennaybur said:
Um, it would sort of be nice if I had a number.

casebash

HSC

If anyone wants to apply to join I need the following information.

Name, adress, email, phone number
Relevant results (HSC/Olympiad/Other Competition results in the subject you want to tutor)
Previous tutoring experience.
Any questions you have.

I'll also need to find a way to confirm identities.

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
sounds a little too good to be true, but I admit, I'm interested

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)