Attitudes towards assignments/exams (2 Viewers)

selablad

HSC
My attitude is that they are rather pointless, especially homework, which I don't do, but assignments have to be done so as to make teachers happy and get good grades and such. Also if the assignments are fun/interesting I do them properly (like teachers are always telling you to) (ie starting early/doing lots of research/having 4 million drafts/etc etc) but most of the time they aren't :( So I do them closer to the due date. I'm not an all-nighters kind of person, I am a few-nighters sort of person. Also I like sleeping too much to sacrifice it to school.

D

dillay

[FONT=&quot]I find homework useless. I'm always apathetic to do anything else after i finish my homework. i personally think if i didn’t receive such an extensive amount of homework i would of used my time more sensibly and self-motivate myself to study for my own purposes with a stress-free mind/environment.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]As for assignments, i don't mind them and i actually find them helpful. you have time to complete them and as the concept is explored into more depth your knowledge may increase

overall, im sick of them both! D:
[/FONT]

everanoutsider

HSC
i like essay's better than exams. has anyone ever completed an assignment before the last 2 or 3 days?

D

dillay

everanoutsider said:
i like essay's better than exams. has anyone ever completed an assignment before the last 2 or 3 days?
i used to once upon a time :/

everanoutsider

HSC
back in the day when we were young *misty eyes look*? lol even then i left it to the last minute. :D

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
dillay said:
i used to once upon a time :/
I don't anymore, in fact, I never did. :( It's always the day before if it's just my own assignment. If it's a group assignment, then it's like 3 days before it's due.

D

dillay

foram said:
I don't anymore, in fact, I never did. :( It's always the day before if it's just my own assignment. If it's a group assignment, then it's like 3 days before it's due.
it was always better finishing like, at least 2 days before the damn thing is due xD, i used to feel so releived. but now, its all just rush rush rush D:. even with group work :(

D

dillay

shadow5 said:
I find any assignment hard to do unless I am interested. Other wise last minute is good.

Just remember after the HSC it really doesn't matter
you should tell one of my mates that xD. she felt like she was going so bad that shes now repeating, but she was actually topping most things :/. ah well, its her choice i guess

Shoubadoo

HSC
Well I always wondered why they gave us assignments- homework, ok. Without revision we wouldn't excell bla bla bla.
But assignments?!
Then my friend's sis got extremely ill during her HSC year and as a result could not sit any of her exams.
So they used her assignments to mark her.
And she did very well.
Because she always handed in great assignments.
So that's the reason for assignments, at least.

D

dillay

Shoubadoo said:
Well I always wondered why they gave us assignments- homework, ok. Without revision we wouldn't excell bla bla bla.
But assignments?!
Then my friend's sis got extremely ill during her HSC year and as a result could not sit any of her exams.
So they used her assignments to mark her.
And she did very well.
Because she always handed in great assignments.
So that's the reason for assignments, at least.
agreed

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
foram said:
My group done a group assignment the day before for commerce i think. We finished it in 2 hours at Blacktown Library and got 24/25 and came first.

So last nighters can get you good marks.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
sometimes the best work is produced 2-4 hours before it's due. or maybe right before you have to leave the house.

but eventually the gamble on adrenalin will fail and get to you in the end.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I seem to like exams better now... only because assignments seem to take so much time with all the other homework you get. :(

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
exams i grind it out cram study and assignments i ummmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmm i think i do the same......exams are harder theres stress alot more. fretting b4 exams in exams omg. asssignment hand it in then embrace yourself for your mark....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)