Attn: All students sittting trials (1 Viewer)

katykins

i never meant to lie,
in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
HSC
Mods might want to pin this as i think it is extremely important that all BOSers read this.
As we all know, the trial exams are coming to an end but there is still a major concern brought about by most schools and teachers; students discussing the papers they have sat not only with other students, but online in a public forum such as this one. Now as a student currently sitting my trials, this has become increasingly apparent to me: I do not want to have to resit any of the papers I have already sat because some bunch of n00bs decided to have a public D&M regarding every detail of their exam on a public forum.

It honestly amuses me to see how many fartnuts who, even at this stage of their education post threads titled "CSSA TRIAL EXAM 2006" and say "so wat did u all fink ov it? was it hard or what? im interested to know what u fink?"and not expect to come across a little suss.

Please, for my sake and the sake of others around you DO NOT DISCUSS THE TRIAL EXAM FOR ANY SUBJECT WHATSOEVER TILL THE END OF NEXT WEEK.
Your cooperation on this matter is encouraged and worshiped.

Love Kat (and most of NSW)
xxx

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Re: Attn: ALL STUDENTS SITTING TRIALS

Too late. I finished 2 days ago.

2006stadium

HSC
nah im just going to give out all the answers so this would happen

only joking :D but as if sum1 will just give out the answers for the sake of it

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC

katykins said:
Mods might want to pin this as i think it is extremely important that all BOSers read this.
As we all know, the trial exams are coming to an end but there is still a major concern brought about by most schools and teachers; students discussing the papers they have sat not only with other students, but online in a public forum such as this one. Now as a student currently sitting my trials, this has become increasingly apparent to me: I do not want to have to resit any of the papers I have already sat because some bunch of n00bs decided to have a public D&M regarding every detail of their exam on a public forum.

It honestly amuses me to see how many fartnuts who, even at this stage of their education post threads titled "CSSA TRIAL EXAM 2006" and say "so wat did u all fink ov it? was it hard or what? im interested to know what u fink?"and not expect to come across a little suss.

Please, for my sake and the sake of others around you DO NOT DISCUSS THE TRIAL EXAM FOR ANY SUBJECT WHATSOEVER TILL THE END OF NEXT WEEK.
Your cooperation on this matter is encouraged and worshiped.

Love Kat (and most of NSW)
xxx

First of all, as if *you'd* have to resit your trial exams because another school did it late. Assuming some schools actually do the trials late (know any, do you?), it would be their fault for doing the exam late. I can't imagine any school with a decently ranked candidature would want to do this, as I'm sure they are well aware of the implications.

Secondly, it doesn't affect you at all. Your trial mark is independant of whatever mark they achieve. So what if people ask questions about the exams? They are discussion magnets. Discussions will happen, and questions will be asked. Not every question is someone trying to scope answers to an exam.

"Please, for my sake and the sake of others around you DO NOT DISCUSS THE TRIAL EXAM FOR ANY SUBJECT WHATSOEVER TILL THE END OF NEXT WEEK.
Your cooperation on this matter is encouraged and worshiped."

Your sake? Others' sake? The shit above it puts you in a whole new category.

Last edited by a moderator:

vanush

kdslkf
HSC

katykins, your post reeks of self-interest. I don't really see any 'deep and meaningful' posts about the trials that give away answers. And stop generalizing. Some people, ie those who do not do the CSSA trials, may just want to know how it went.

sinist4

HSC

yea... i agree, that would suck mjor ba**'s, to do more exams LOL

evrich

HSC

To ScottyG

Katykins is not trying to be some self absorbed bitch. If a trial exam is leaked to people before they have sat the test, then a lot of people have to sit it again, because of the advantages to these people etc etc.
A week before our trials started (we are doing the CSSA ones) my maths teacher told our class that a number of the 2u maths papers had been stolen from some warehouse or whereever they keep the exams. If the people that took the exams get caught, they will get a huge fine. Also if someone is found to have a copy before they sat the exam, that means that everyone that did it has to do another one. That is why katykins doesnt want people talking about it.
I know that some people havnt sat exams that have already taken place because i am one of them. Physics was on thursday but i missed it coz of hospital etc etc. and it is postponed to next monday. And i am doing the same exam as other people.

GOOD LUCK to anyone that still has trials.

jest

HSC
isn't it if you're doing the cssa trial exams that there's a set schedule for all schools to follow anyway? so all people doing these exams would sit it at the same time. besides some schools change some of the exam questions on the cssa paper

Emph

HSC

CSSA website said:
Please note the conditions of supply
of CSSA Trial HSC Examination papers for 2006:

Papers scheduled for BOTH WEEKS must be taken at time/date specified. Rescheduling of papers prior to the nominated times is not permitted.

So as you can see, any school who schedules a paper after the CSSA date is doing so at their own risk. It is their own fault if their students find out what is in it.

If your school did the paper on time, you have absolutely nothing to bitch about because there is no way they can make you sit it again because no one was allowed to do the paper before you!

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
evrich said:
To ScottyG

Katykins is not trying to be some self absorbed bitch. If a trial exam is leaked to people before they have sat the test, then a lot of people have to sit it again, because of the advantages to these people etc etc.
A week before our trials started (we are doing the CSSA ones) my maths teacher told our class that a number of the 2u maths papers had been stolen from some warehouse or whereever they keep the exams. If the people that took the exams get caught, they will get a huge fine. Also if someone is found to have a copy before they sat the exam, that means that everyone that did it has to do another one. That is why katykins doesnt want people talking about it.
I know that some people havnt sat exams that have already taken place because i am one of them. Physics was on thursday but i missed it coz of hospital etc etc. and it is postponed to next monday. And i am doing the same exam as other people.

GOOD LUCK to anyone that still has trials.
Wait wait wait... your maths teacher told you a number of 2U papers had been stolen...and the people who took them face a huge fine...and that if someone is found to have a copy of it, it is likely you'll need to do them again.

Wonderful - really - but completely irrelevant. We're talking about discussing the exams after the set date, not before. Nobody in their right minds would discuss them before, because nobody should have them.

Your next point has some substance to it. You missed an exam due to misadventure/illness. Your school has decided to allow you to sit the exam as opposed to giving you an estimate mark. They are relying on your integrity as a student not to read these discussion threads. You seem to have such integrity, but you are not validating your point. If however students decide to wrought the midadventure/illness system, and are able to resit the exam, they will inevitably find out components of the exam, most likely through friends with similar values.

If anything, I can agree that discussion on these forums of such exams may aid them to a degree.

But those who could not sit the exam for legitimate reasons are a minority. And the students who would make it a point to use that time to find out the questions in the exam are a minority again. Add to this, the fact that the trials and its assosciated effects are limited to the school it is held in, the fact that many schools allow the CSSA paper to be taken home by students, and the cessastion of the CSSA security period, and the arguments for preventing discussion just don't equal those for it.

But hey, whatever you say.

Emph said:
So as you can see, any school who schedules a paper after the CSSA date is doing so at their own risk. It is their own fault if their students find out what is in it.

If your school did the paper on time, you have absolutely nothing to bitch about because there is no way they can make you sit it again because no one was allowed to do the paper before you!
Thank christ my ee2'er *hug*

edit: Thanks WithoutWings. Without you my scrollbar would be slightly longer.

Last edited:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Though even if some schools did initiate their Trial HSC earlier or later than the prescribed CSSA date...well, they should be aware of the consequences.

People discussing the CSSA paper, and its questions within public forums, IM, etc aren't really the major concern.
The main concern(s) are the schools that start their trials later than other CSSA-trial exam paper users.

Lmao if I recall correctly, last year the same thing happened, didn't some some school set their CSSA paper later than the prescribed date?? There was a small ruckus...but lol, nothing was done, the students who did sit their exam later, weren't penalised, and if they were advantaged, no one could do anything about it.

But philosophically...who wouldn't try and get the CSSA questions early before their actual exam? I think the people who release the CSSA questions anytime BEFORE you've finished your actual HSC are silly... since Misadventure is like the best easiest to-use-loophole around NSW's education system.

Anyway, good thing our school would always set out our own exams.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
I reckon it would suck if you had to resit the exam after you aced it, but on the other hand, it would be nice to be able to resit it if you knew you stuffed up the exam badly since you would have an opportunity to do better.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Dimsimmer said:
I reckon it would suck if you had to resit the exam after you aced it, but on the other hand, it would be nice to be able to resit it if you knew you stuffed up the exam badly since you would have an opportunity to do better.
...Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)