ATTN chemistry year 12 2007- HELP!! (1 Viewer)

kaylee_89

HSC
hey people,
i needed some help.
whilst doing some notes i had some trouble answering this question:

( if anyone could help me by saying what kind of things you would have to say to answer this question.. it would be SOOOOO HELPFUL!!! )
hopefulli.
question:
Assess the impact of the development of the production of polymers on society and on the environment??

thankyou,
kay.

simbim21

unswMed07
HSC
ok, this question is referring to the production of synthetic polymers and, obviously, their impact on society and the environment. So pretty much you would research the advantages and disadvantages of the process of production and then of the actual polymer. for example, the large amount of energy and the burning of fossil fuels required to attain large temperatures contributes to the greenhouse effect (disadv on environ), however the many uses and convenience of the '____polymer' make it an asset to society (adv. for society).

NB- the word 'assess' requires you to mention and weigh the advantages and disadvantages.

i hope that makes things a bit clearer, although it was pretty general. i think in this dotpoint you also talk about biopolymers (such as PHB)...but i may be forgetting something. look it up in your textbook and you'll be sure to find some info!

well good luck!

jaaaaay

HSC
shouldn't this be in the chem forum?

---edit---
oh... it's been moved xD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)