Augustus/Julio Claudians...?? (1 Viewer)

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
Okay...so. Please dont bash me with a blunt axe for asking such a stupid question BUT...

Is the Augustan Age (44AD-14BC) a different topic to Augustus and the Julio Claudians?

I have my Trial on Tuesday and I just scared the shit out myself because I was browsing forums which were saying that we need to know about Tiberius, Claudius, Nero...etc.

But I've only studied Augustus in class. And now I'm pretty much scared out of my wits.

This topic and the Ramesside period are complete nothingness to me. I don't understand them at all.
Raise your hands if you're as confused/screwed as me....

ndobson

HSC
N/A
Fear Not!

The reason you are confused is that Augustus and the Julio Claudians used to be one topic in the old syllabus. That is why you are reading about them together here on old posts.

The new syllabus has divided the 'Augustus and the Julio Claudians' into 2 topics so that now you can study either Augustus OR the Julio Claudians. So obviously your class has studied the Augustan Age and you won't need to know about Tiberius etc....

:)

Hope that puts your mind at ease!

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
Damn....i didnt realise the change.....
You guys are heaps lucky...we had to do all of it...not that it was so bad...Rome was one of the better topics but still :mad1: why is it that after i do the exam, they make the course easier?

Claire102

HSC
Well we still study Augustus but we dont really need to, because we are doing the Julio-Claudians.. So yeah, i kinda know what you mean.. :p And we dont even really have to know it all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)