Aussie flag ? (1 Viewer)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
i simply will not stand for a flag that incorporates australia's aboriginal history nor its multicultural makeup

that flag literally looks like a charicatured black person high on PCP and trying to eat the sky

Last edited:

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont mind that it incorporates some aboriginal themes, i actually embrace that. But i hate the design, they could do better

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
the white bit between the red boomerang doesn't go at all..

Very poor design overall, too complicated too

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Why bother changing the flag and distancing ourselves from Britain when we aren't even a republic yet?

enoilgam

HSC
I actually dont mind the Eureka flag - it's simple but it looks good. However, it has been tainted a bit due to it's use by some nationalist groups.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Our current one is pretty terrible. The union jack just looks like it was thrown in there at the last minute.
no, the australian flag is a defaced british blue ensign, and is therefore the opposite of thrown in there at the last minute.

starshine02

HSC
No. It looks terrible! But if it were prettier I wouldn't mind. Not that many flags are that pretty anyways.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
that looks like something a kid in year 3 came up with! it looks like a gollywogs mouth and lips about to suck on something

hayabusaboston

HSC
I dont like this flag, and I dont like the idea that we have to include aboriginal elements just so we dont offend aboriginals. Whats done is fucking done, aboriginals had their land invaded, there have been countless apologies and attempts at compensation, it is honestly a bit stupid to continually do these kinds of things. No need to elevate aboriginal culture above ours, as everyone says, we should all be treated equally. Why should aboriginal culture be honoured over ours?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
no, the australian flag is a defaced british blue ensign, and is therefore the opposite of thrown in there at the last minute.
So that was set, and the rest of the flag was thrown around it. Either way, the two aren't the greatest of friends.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
We are still a part of the Commonwealth and until we aren't we should leave the flag as it is.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Worked for Canada.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
I dont like this flag, and I dont like the idea that we have to include aboriginal elements just so we dont offend aboriginals. Whats done is fucking done, aboriginals had their land invaded, there have been countless apologies and attempts at compensation, it is honestly a bit stupid to continually do these kinds of things. No need to elevate aboriginal culture above ours, as everyone says, we should all be treated equally. Why should aboriginal culture be honoured over ours?
yes because incorporating elements that recognise australia's traditional landowners is elevating aboriginal culture above ours

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
any new australian flag must incorporate the star of david to recognise the contributions of australian jews

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)