Australia in England 2015 Thread (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Can u not get out on an edge ?.... Plz Warner

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, you'd watch from the best seat in the house :p

-and- get paid for it

mreditor16

HSC
gg those who predicted Australia having a whitewash of 5-0 :p ;)

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
I'll post my review of both teams when I get home

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
cant believe the fking coach for England is Aussie, bloody traitor

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Cricket 1

My review of Australia and England's performance.
Australia
Bowling
- Australia performed quite poorly with the ball, often leaking runs with inconsistencies in where the ball hit the pitch. The percentage of dot balls was quite low as well. johnson and the quick's bouncers proved ineffective with the slow pitch. What Australia needed was sustained pressure with many dot balls preventing runs.

Hazel was exceptional, starc was inconsistent with sometimes straight balls and sometimes in swinging balls. Johnson was somewhat ineffective with 0 wickets and many 4's coming off the counter attack to his balls . A glowing review for Lyon , who got counter attacked at times , but did get the important wickets.

Batting
Australia was quite bad at batting. Rogers and Johnson were the standouts with the most runs , being able to defend if needed and timing the bat for 4's. Clarke , smith , vogue and Watson all got out (in the 1st innings ) when they were just getting started and had had more confidence. Warner got out cheaply by an edge in the first innings and got out when he just got started .... As usual.

Australia's second innings were terrible with many players getting out for less than 20 runs. Watson got out by a lbw (again) . Clarke and vogue got out with runs of 4 and 1 respectively.

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
England
>Bowling
England's bowling was exceptional . All bowlers knew Australia's weaknesses (esp smith, Warner and Watson ), and were able to main pressure, throwing the odd short ball for chances. Anderson managed to get Australia's batters to take chances and then got them caught out.

Ali's balls were just on point and managed to get two lbw's and an additional wicket.

>Batting
A lot of the players got out for little runs (wood , lyth, Anderson and cook)
Balance , root , stokes and bell were exceptional, with great stroke play, counter attacks and confidence .

Ali's first innings was exceptional , being able to score a 77. He bears similarities with Johnson in the respect that, he can bat and bowl.

Joe root managed to score a mammoth 120+ runs (17 4's) and 60 runs in the second innings . He will earn the player of the match of England . Root's shot selection, defence and timing was exceptional. He defended when he needed to , and attacked with confidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)