AUSTRALIA VS SRI LANKA [the final chapter] (1 Viewer)

syera

HSC
N/A
the ICC is having the 20/20 world cup this year? if they are, i'll be looking forward to it. 20/20 is always fun to watch =)
this world cup including the final, was really disappointing for me!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha because pakistan got knocked out in the first round?

williamc

HSC
syera said:
the ICC is having the 20/20 world cup this year? if they are, i'll be looking forward to it. 20/20 is always fun to watch =)
this world cup including the final, was really disappointing for me!
I think people who don't really love the game or understand it properly enjoy 20-20, and think test matches are boring. Test match cricket actually proves who the better side is.. in 20-20 i believe Bangladesh have a chance to take it out, it really relies on luck on the day.

zingerburger

HSC
"Luck" probably does play a much bigger part in Twenty20 than in any other form, but I believe that the majority of it is still skill - like skill in being able to make unorthodox shots or pre-meditating a ball.

Bangladesh might have a slightly better chance of going deep into the tournament, but it will be the better countries like Australia that will most likely go deep.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
jemsta said:
im in the pakistani team, murdering ur coaches LOL!!!!

HSC
man, Australia are the best, aren't they, i mean come on, we're so good, of course we won, we were always going to

no one has anything on the australians, we won everything, we batted well, bowled well, fielded well, bloody did everything well

on the day, no stopping gilly, just an unbelievable innings, yes when jayasuriya and sangakkare batted, it was relatively tight, and sri lanka could have won, but people just accept the fact that australia was the better team, Jayawardene did, swallow ur pride and get over urselves, australia were the best team this tournament

we haven't lost a world cup game since 1999, we're up to 23 straight victories, people can say what they want, the fact is that the aussie's are world champions, again and the other teams are not

so for the doubters and critics, australia have now won 3 titles in a row, 4 in total, and its gna be a while b4 another team tops that effort, so put that in ur pipe and smoke it

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah, and to send mcgrath off as 3 times world champions it is truly something special
i wonder whether anyone could replace a calibre like glenn mcgrath...it will be interesting in 4 years time whether australia will still be a dominant force and claim their 4 straight world cup
but then again...its 4 years so well dwell on it then

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
bos1234 said:
did you even watch the game??

it was clsoer than what everybody thinks.. dont jsut look at the final score and judge the game

at about the 16-17th over sl and aus were evenly matched. Aus hadnt lsot any wickets and sl had lost 1..

The toss was very very crucial.
do YOU even know your cricket?

i admit that it was close when sl was about 1-120 and the 2nd wicket partnership was going strong, but even then, they weren't going at anywhere near the required run rate, so how can sl have any chance of chasing the total down?

in the end, if you don't look at the final score, what do you look at? sl was chasing the aussies right from the word go, and in the end, aust won comfortably - which IS what everyone expected.

how was the toss crucial? it was a wet day, therefore slow outfield, and the rain after the toss just made things worse for the batting side. it was a 50-50 toss.

williamc

HSC
the pospinator said:
man, Australia are the best, aren't they, i mean come on, we're so good, of course we won, we were always going to

no one has anything on the australians, we won everything, we batted well, bowled well, fielded well, bloody did everything well

on the day, no stopping gilly, just an unbelievable innings, yes when jayasuriya and sangakkare batted, it was relatively tight, and sri lanka could have won, but people just accept the fact that australia was the better team, Jayawardene did, swallow ur pride and get over urselves, australia were the best team this tournament

we haven't lost a world cup game since 1999, we're up to 23 straight victories, people can say what they want, the fact is that the aussie's are world champions, again and the other teams are not

so for the doubters and critics, australia have now won 3 titles in a row, 4 in total, and its gna be a while b4 another team tops that effort, so put that in ur pipe and smoke it

I couldn't have said it any better myself. :)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
on another related note to cricket, i was reading the mx today and some team scored 4-496 from 50 overs
that is pretty damn good and oh so close to breaking the magical 500 run barrier

david d 69

HSC
i sleep through the ashes but 20/20 is good fun. i dont care that its not prestigious or anything but its physically possible to sit infront of the tv for the entire match

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
20/20 doesnt go for that long anyways...and the excitement of it means that itll finish way quicker than you think

bos1234

HSC
wuddie said:
do YOU even know your cricket?

i admit that it was close when sl was about 1-120 and the 2nd wicket partnership was going strong, but even then, they weren't going at anywhere near the required run rate, so how can sl have any chance of chasing the total down?

in the end, if you don't look at the final score, what do you look at? sl was chasing the aussies right from the word go, and in the end, aust won comfortably - which IS what everyone expected.

how was the toss crucial? it was a wet day, therefore slow outfield, and the rain after the toss just made things worse for the batting side. it was a 50-50 toss.
how was the toss crucial?????????????

bahahahahahhaha

ha.

and yes i do know cricket.

more than you

syera

HSC
N/A
jemsta said:
haha well YES! they were the first team to get knocked out - an all time low. i was so depressed - but i mean, it's expected of pakistan because they're just so unpredictable! they're definately a disappointing team, because i see at times a genuine enthusiasm in the team (rare these days), but most of the other time, there is such a lack of commitment. and they are a heavy weight of the sport and everything, the way they just can perform so randomly in the WORLD CUP is pathetic. they make me not like like cricket sometimes. and then on top of that the whole coach thing - they were in the headlines for all the wrong reasons :mad1:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
bos1234 said:

bahahahahahhaha

ha.

more than you
mate whatever, no one agrees with you.

close game or not, aust won, sl lost ok? get over it.

williamc

HSC
bos1234 said:

bahahahahahhaha

ha.

more than you

You probably play C grade on astro turf pitches.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
:rofl:
sri lankans thinking they know their cricket...what a farce

HotShot

-_-
HSC
williamc said:
I disagree with nearly everythign you said then.
Especially the start of the second paragraph, and will only explain that. HOW WAS IT A 50:50 GAME! Aust. have dominated world cricket for nearly a decade, they are playign impeccable cricket, have by FAR the best batting line up in the world, they have a better bowling attack than SL(they bowled the team out in every game in the WC), are in unbelievable form, have the best fielding in the world, flogged SL in the super 8 games, they had their strongest battign side and bowled them out for under 200.

1st paragraph, only thign i agree with is momentum stops due to rain.

3rd paragraph i just find that lol imo.
It was 50:50 but the problem was neither captain could predict the weather (noone could) so during the match it became clear the importance of the toss. Australia won it and Ponting made the right choice.

That 496 odd score that Jemsta was saying was in a county match - I think Surrey vs GLoucestershire. Apparently it was in a small ground and the ropes where pulled it.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
I have just returned from the caribbean. It was an amazing final but a farcial ending to which the ICC must take full responsibility. Despite the rain I dont believe it affected the result. The toss had been made and the rain seemed to have gone when it returned with about 10 minutes to go before play started. I just wonder whether Gilchrist would have have begun like that with 50 overs to play instead of 38. The obvious thing is that all West Indies grounds need lights to avoid that situation. Unfortunately the money made from the World Cup will not be enough to put lights at Kennington oval and other grounds. Warning if you are going to the Carribean break up your journey. We went 22 hours on 3 planes with some breaks but no overnight stay. Journey from Sydney to LA 14 hours, LA to Miami 3.5 hours and Miami to Bartbados 5 hours. If you go its a great place. The game was great and I am glad I went and the result was appropriate. It is an expensive place but beautiful and well worth it. If you want advice/ help about going to the West Indies please feel free to email me . Ian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)