Australian High School subjects (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I guess I know all that stuff cos I have two older half-sisters who Ive watched do it all before, so for me such a course would be tedious and uninteresting. I have loved years 11 & 12 the most cos I can say that I adored all of the courses I did and loved learning for learning's sake. However, there is a huge difference in maturity levels at this age, and perhaps the type of 'life skills' course you speak of would be appropriate for some.....

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ms 12 has an excellent point: year 12 was designed for those who love learning for learning's sake (as I do) and it's a pity that not everyone who studies at this level feels the same way. The syllabus has over decades been whittled down to nothing in order to accomodate these people who (no offence) should really wonder whether the Senior School is just another means to an end (university). The enormous span of maturity levels is another factor to take into account, especially considering that hopelessly immature people are simply impossible to teach anything of importance to (important in the context of "life skills") because of their predictable know-it-all attitude to life and its outcomes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)