Australian Idol 2004 (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
well, casey sold more than 140 000 copies of her debut single Listen With Your Heart in the first week (2x Platinum) and she is number one on the offical Aria Chart.

(likely to be this year's highest selling single) I don't think Anthony will catch up to her when his single is released at 20 december, with only 11 days of sale this year..

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11608611^2902,00.html

Plenty of puff in Idol
Anthony Callea may have to pack in smoking cigarettes in public if he wants to maintain his rising image
07dec04

THIS year's Australian Idol finalists smoked like chimneys, which led winner Casey Donovan to announce she was quitting after she was caught.

But the runner-up, Melbourne boy Anthony Callea, hasn't given up the habit - he was snapped while taking a break from recording his first album in Sydney.
Without judging Anthony, many people in the entertainment industry smoke; the difference is, they don't do it in public.

It's one lesson he will learn as his star rises because of Idol.

Sony BMG must be hoping The Prayer, which is released the week before Christmas, will sell better than Donovan's single, Listen With Your Heart.

womans day, NW or one of those mags said anthony has moved to dee why, i suppose that's why crazylilmonkee saw him!

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You have to admit 'Listen With Your Heart' is a crappier song than 'Angels Brought me Here'.
Hence sold 100 000 copies fewer.

Collin

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11608611^2902,00.html

Plenty of puff in Idol
Anthony Callea may have to pack in smoking cigarettes in public if he wants to maintain his rising image
07dec04

THIS year's Australian Idol finalists smoked like chimneys, which led winner Casey Donovan to announce she was quitting after she was caught.

But the runner-up, Melbourne boy Anthony Callea, hasn't given up the habit - he was snapped while taking a break from recording his first album in Sydney.
Without judging Anthony, many people in the entertainment industry smoke; the difference is, they don't do it in public.

It's one lesson he will learn as his star rises because of Idol.

Sony BMG must be hoping The Prayer, which is released the week before Christmas, will sell better than Donovan's single, Listen With Your Heart.

womans day or one of those mags said anthony has moved to dee why, i suppose that's why crazylilmonkee saw him!
Dee Why? Fuck I go there everyday! Omg I hope I bump into him.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Survivor39 said:
You have to admit 'Listen With Your Heart' is a crappier song than 'Angels Brought me Here'.
Hence sold 100 000 copies fewer.
angels brought me here was tolerable, and is actually quite nice to listen to once in a while...

but i cringed as soon as i heard "listen with/to your heart" :|

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i cringed as well. it's a nice song, but to hear either casey or anthony sing it is such a lie. it's not what they want to sing, it's just what was given to them.

peteski01

Enlarged Member
HSC
N/A
yeah, listen with your heart isn't a very good song imo. structure is so poppishly standard and safe.. it's a cringe to listen to.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
they're all pretty stupid songs
their songs released after the "rush" album are always better

Fry

my fav would have to be 'a moment like this'. 'i believe' was good but im pretty sick of it now.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Fry said:
my fav would have to be 'a moment like this'. 'i believe' was good but im pretty sick of it now.
I like 'A Moment Like This' too, it's very meaningful, especially when she sang it after she had won it. *sniffs*
'Before Your Love' has a great melody to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)