• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Idol 2006 (1 Viewer)

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Lisa's performance was a little weak, but I absolutely love her and her style!

I want to marry Dean. He's everything I want in a guy. I also had that feeling that he'd choose that song. I nearly collapsed when I heard he was going to sing it.

I want Ricky or Klancie to go. I don't mind if Lavina goes, but Ricky is first choice. I hate his eyebrows and his teeth.

Bobby has this freakishness about him. He's ... weird... and I like that about him. He's someone I wouldn't expect to see in Idol.

I like this year's top 12, except for Ricky.

Last edited:

Guernica

HSC
Bobby's too good for idol. I want him to be voted off so that he can be picked up by another record label and be allowed more freedom.

Same with Lisa.

They both are good enough for a record deal imo and they would be better off not winning idol.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Agreed, Guernica.

Lisa gave a weak performance yesterday but it's more to do with the fact that she doesn't want to preen herself up and prance about on the stage like a prat. But, that's the essence of Idol so I hope she goes far enough to be significantly close to a deal but not far enought to win. Though, this is looking unlikely right now anyway.

Same with Bobby. Ever since Kyle called him Side Show Bobby, that's all I can think of when I see him...:p

*hopeful*

HSC
i dont see the fuss about dean, sure his kinda cute in a 16yr old way, not that much of an awesome singer

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Ok, I'm on my way to being the most prolific poster in this thread but whatever.

I'm getting over Dean. He's getting boring and I'm not sure how long he can live off the screaming girls and posters like Kyle said.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Dean is the type that you love initally, he has a great voice but not fantastic, great looks, good songs, but there are too many of his type out there, so he's also the type you get over quickly
i love ricky, but he reminds me of callea so he might get old a bit faster than he deserves to
i love regain, if she does good performances she can go far.
i also think lisa and bobby are very unique and so don't deserve to win idol, they can do better. but lisa is a bit young.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
I am in love with the Irish guy. i dont watch it enough to know his name... but god i would love him to do the hunters and collectors song, throw your arms around me again, like he did at the top 24 performance thingos.

Guernica

HSC
And with Lisa, I much prefer when she's singing her own stuff.

If only they were all talented singer-songwriters.. then they could have an originals night.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
OMG No not Joseph *cries* What is wrong with this country *angry face*

HSC
^that was true..

i wanted josef to stay and lavina to go..he also performed better today then he did yesterday...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
That's true with Joseph but although I don't like Lavina, I think her performance was pretty good if a little overdone.

What's up with Lisa?? During the group performance, she just slipped under the radar and in one of the last moments of the song when everybody was rallying to finish it off, her mouth was just shut. Gahhhh, come on Lisa!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Sorry guys.. but Bobby freaks me out :( I only saw up to the beginning of Lavina's performance and I think the best one was Damien's... I think people might start getting bored with his stuff, though. Lisa has a unique voice but can she show us what she can do with it?

*hopeful*

HSC
Sarah168 said:
That's true with Joseph but although I don't like Lavina, I think her performance was pretty good if a little overdone.

What's up with Lisa?? During the group performance, she just slipped under the radar and in one of the last moments of the song when everybody was rallying to finish it off, her mouth was just shut. Gahhhh, come on Lisa!
Lol yeh i saw that bit, shes really out of it most of the time...

awww poor jospeh, he was so upset :( and i think reigan should have gone over him, i for sure thought it was her

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
brogan77 said:
I think Kyle made a rather insightful comment, even though he was booed for it, the fact that Joseph and Lavina didn't connect with the audience because they're shy and guarded, respectively.
what did he mean by guarded for lavina?

*hopeful*

HSC
^not letting her guard down, maybe not as much out there as others ?

:wave: iab

ane_st

HSC
I didnt like Lisa that much... I dont kno i just dont think shes as good as the others... As for Joseph... I thought he was really shy and couldnt perform to the best he actually can... Thats maybe why they voted for him... Yeah i dont like Reagan..

HSC
Hah! I am so happy Joseph went. (I am so cruel :( )

I hope Lavina does a more likeable song next week because shes got a kickass voice. Everyone else sounded crap next to her in the group performance.

And why can Kyle call her fat so many times and nobody cares, but Dicko calls Paulini a little chubby once and it becomes a national scandal.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I generally like Kyle as a judge even though most of his comments are either superficial or basically just trashing them cos they sang something he didn't know and/or didn't like. It's different from Marcia's annoying constant praise and Mark's...well, craziness.

Lisa is just so lost without her guitar. When she's in her element (i.e Diamonds on the Inside), she is just awesome but otherwise ...:(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
*hopeful* said:
^not letting her guard down, maybe not as much out there as others ?

:wave: iab
:wave: hopeful
thanks for that, i only visit other forums/threads apart from mac every now and then

well i would definitely agree with that, moreso than people not connecting with joseph because he was shy (which i also agree with, but i think some of us were ready to see him become less shy). as i said before, i found lavina's performance quite boring because it was so normal

ane_st

HSC
Sarah168 said:
I generally like Kyle as a judge even though most of his comments are either superficial or basically just trashing them cos they sang something he didn't know and/or didn't like. I
Its true.. His comments are extrememly superficial... However thats the first thing people notice about someone, their looks, so he's just commenting on how the 'real world' (so to speak) is going to view them...

And for what he comments on some songs is true... If he hasn't heard a song then the general public (or at least teens) may not know/heard that song before either....

I like Kyle's honesty and i think he is an excellent judge who does speak the truth instead of Marcia constantly telling them all that they're excellent.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)