Australian Idol Harding heads to Iraq... fag. (1 Viewer)

ediisjoz

HSC
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=110685

Monday Jul 3 10:21 AEST
Australian Idol export Lee Harding is to follow in the outsize footsteps of Kylie Minogue, John Farnham and Robbie Williams - by entertaining Aussie diggers in Iraq.

Harding and his band Bedrock, along with comedian Clint Paddison and country music singers Nicki Gillis and Stacey Morris, leave for the Middle East on Tuesday on what the singer says will be a life changing experience.

"It's one of those opportunities you wouldn't get in normal life and I am so, so thankful I get to do it," said 23-year-old Harding.

"I can't believe I am doing this. I have never ever been overseas and my first time is to do this. It's very exciting."

Harding, who has released several singles including Wasabi and Anything for You from his debut album What's Wrong With This Picture? says he is looking forward to roughing it on the tour.

"I can't wait to be flying in the Blackhawk helicopters and armed vehicles that hammer through the towns," he said.

"We get to sleep where the diggers sleep and eat where the diggers eat. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity."

The performers will spend two-weeks touring the Middle East, entertaining troops involved in Operation Catalyst, the Australian Defence Force's contribution to the reconstruction and rehabilitation of Iraq.

Entertaining the troops is a long-time war tradition dating back to the days of legendary stars Bob Hope and Marilyn Monroe.

Tour commanding officer Lieutenant Colonel Greg McCauley said the tour was essential in keeping those in the Middle East motivated.

Mr McCauley also urged any entertainers or sporting stars interested in visiting the Middle East to come forward.

"The concerts are a major morale booster for the men and women serving our nation because they provide a brief period of normality and entertainment in what can be a dangerous and difficult time," he said.

///// i hope he dies.

ediisjoz

HSC
that's exactly what i thought.

if lee harding performed a concert for me i'd probably demand a refund - on whatever i could get, ha ha. but could you imagine being a soldier who HATED australian and other such things... lol you'd feel so stinged.

*sparklez...

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
This is just a coverup of the fact that the ADF are actually using him to torture taliban soldiers into confessing where Osama is.
lmao

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
thank god i said "who is lee harding" when I read this thread.

makes me feel better about myself.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
Harding is only doing it so that his name can be mentioned in the media, and therefore he will hopefully gain the popularity he seriously needs, cos his songs are doing so shit.

tho he does have a nice voice, and I like the way he is so different. :)
lol what if he gets shot or something while staying in Iraq and singing the crazy way he does...

0Jade0

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Harding is only doing it so that his name can be mentioned in the media, and therefore he will hopefully gain the popularity he seriously needs, cos his songs are doing so shit.
Rightly so.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
tho he does have a nice voice, and I like the way he is so different. :)
Different than what? He is a clone of his 'heroes' Simple Plan/Good Charlotte.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Oh!

Is he the moron in that music video with a plastic woman? that song Wasabi?

Oh crap now I've remembered.

What junk. What trash.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
politik said:
Yes, because Australian Idol washups are the pinnacle of our Music Industry. At least he's not as shit as those 'Living End' faggots. Damn Green Day wannabes.
The fuck you on about? They're completely different, and Green Day are the reasoon TLE are famous, after they got them as an opening act back in 94, so STFU

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
OH MY GOD I TOTALLY MISSED THAT POST

WHAT

LIVING END ARE WHAT COMPARED TO WHO!?

*hyperventilates*

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
politik said:
Yes, because Australian Idol washups are the pinnacle of our Music Industry. At least he's not as shit as those 'Living End' faggots. Damn Green Day wannabes.

umm hello captain dipshit.
the living end are fucking awesome

u are saying that mr wassabi boy is better than the living end????

WHAT THE FUCK

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Selling a millions of records and fooling a whole generation of emo kids into buying your album, hell yeah

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
politik said:
Yeah, and have you seen the video clip for 'Wake Up'? If there ever was a direct ripoff of 'American Idiot', that would be it. Look everyone, I can say profanities

You my friend, have no idea about context.

Anyway point is, I dont like any Australian bands bar AC/DC and a few other classics.
Rofl. If that is all you've got to compare, you got no idea, much like everything else really, didn't know why I'd expect anyless from you :)

I bet you don't even know jack about AC/DC bar they sung, you know that song on the Holden ad!

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
politik said:
Funny you're calling the Living End 'faggots' when you listen to Coldplay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)