• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Music Scene (2 Viewers)

cate_7x

HSC
It's very good - that said I am a huge fan of Sarah Blasko and doubt anything she sings would be bad.

The standout track for me is Fall at your Feet by Clare Bowditch though - that girl is so talented.

tim price

HSC
i can't find an mp3 of it anywhere and i don't feel like forking out 30 bucks. :(

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
ballerinabarbie said:
yeah they say nothing for country music talent... i still can't believe u don't have slim dusty on there - BIG name in aussie music (even if u don't like country he deserves to be on that list...)

edit: how do u know my name?
I live where you live.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
cate_7x said:
It's very good - that said I am a huge fan of Sarah Blasko and doubt anything she sings would be bad.

The standout track for me is Fall at your Feet by Clare Bowditch though - that girl is so talented.
heard her new album (clare) ? quite good :)

and personally i prefer sophie koh's cover at the end :)

cate_7x

HSC
I haven't heard her new album - I have Autumn Bone though and it's a favourite.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
theyre very good covers indeed :)

but one of my favourite crowded house cover's would have to be by alex lloyd - four seasons in one day

more tempo and bass in it- very interesting ;)

if you can get your hands on it :)

cate_7x

HSC
Haha but I hate Alex Lloyd - or is it one of those songs where even if you hate the singer, it's still good.

slip

HSC
i wish i knew the exact quote - but james blunt said something like 'to me it is stupid turning something artistic, such as music, into a competition, through things like charts, you dont make music to win a competetion'

some very fine artists mentioned. the fact that triple j plays something like 50% australian music... all other stations only play the compulsory 25%....

but i also want to say some of your are guilty of music wankery... people like what they like for whatever reason (you think less of some because they like popular music, they might think less of you because your always trying to find alternate bands - not that much of what you listed is that alternate)

you dont have to like what others like, and they dont have to like what you like it doesnt mean that people who listen to music you dont like have BAD taste in music... maybe they arent as interested in music as you (they like other things that you dont) and as such they have developed their own taste as much as you have.

i seriously like most music, examples - red hot chili peppers, hot lies, john butler, ben harper, ben lee, sum41, kelly clarkson, ac/dc, powderfinger, end of fashion, modest mouse, the ramones, the smiths, clare bowditch, ash grunwald, franz ferdinand, the grates, faker, the spazzies, blink182, nirvana, unwritten law, reel big fish, pepper, avril lavinge, iggy pop, U2, frenzal rhomb, taking back sunday...

doesnt mean anything except that i like alot of music...doesnt make me cooler then you...

HSC
on that sarah blasko/crowded house cover note .. if anyone has the mp3 and is willing to share, i'd love you forever. i cbf buying the whole cd, but i'd like to hear that particular song.

cate_7x

HSC
katietheskatie said:
on that sarah blasko/crowded house cover note .. if anyone has the mp3 and is willing to share, i'd love you forever. i cbf buying the whole cd, but i'd like to hear that particular song.

Yep I have the mp3 - do you have soulseek?

wanton-wonton

HSC
My friend's been listening to "Archeitecture In Helsinki". He says it's good.

cate_7x

HSC
katietheskatie said:
nope, i've never figured out how to use it .. too complex for someone computer illiterate like me :(

Haha that's ok - do you have msn? I can send it to you over that if you want.

And wanton, Architecture in Helsinki is very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)