Australian National University -ANU- (1 Viewer)

squallja

this post was posted last yr so i thought i'd refresh the issue

Is anyone else considering going to the ANU? if so,

-Which course do u plan to do
-which school are u at now

i think the only thing holding me back is the Canberra factor.... living in Sydney at the moment, it'd mean leaving everyone behind which is a pretty be decision to make..... do any of you have this problem too?? :(

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
yeh im considering anu- prob arts/law just in case i bomb out and dont get in2 unsw, im just hoping the uai's 4 anu dont go up too much.

yeh i think it will be scary moving 2 canberra but it is only 3 hours away, its not like ur moving 2 perth or nething

emma

anu

i might be going to anu too,only if i bomb out and don't get to go to sydney!...i was thinking of maybe a commerce degree?...i've been at the uni on open day and its a nice environment but ts really cold and its 3 whole hours away from home!:(

pri

HSC
N/A
its my ninth pref...

its a nice uni and all, just I dont wanna move

smeyo

i put ANU as my first choice with Act/law combined, cause it offers good scholarships and i went there for a two week National mathematics summer school and it was good, plus it has a great law and overall rep, as stated before....

pri

HSC
N/A
what degree at sydney melbournian? hey I might see u there :cool:

FLR-IT

Originally posted by Asquithian
ANU has an excellent international rep...

and its law rep is top notch up with UNSW USYD and UMELB

how did it get such a good rep
i neva heard of it before looking at the UAC book

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I dunno.. but it tends to be more highly regarded than USYD or UNSW. It's on my prefs (8 and 9) but I know I won't be going there :p I've got (8) Science/Asian Studies and (9) Asian Studies/Arts just because they intrest me :p But, like most kids, I'll be changing my prefs over and over...

s2ophie

HSC
Anu is at this stage my 2nd pref but that could change. I want to do their Bachelor of Arts (International Relations) but i would prefer to do the UNSW course cos its in Sydney.

What are you guys whinging about? negative temperatures and three hours travel!! The minimum travel time from home i will have is if i move to CAnberra (3 hours) and if i got to sydney (which i hope to) its 6. And you get over negative temperatures! You sydney people are too spolied with your mild temperatures! You don't know what its like to be really cold!

And the reason that ANU has such a good internationall rep is because its int he national capital, the centre of internationla affairs and politics!

^___^
HSC
ANU is like my second perference (B Arts[international relations]) -same as s2ophie

but i dunno if i can make it as the uai would be like real high...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
lol, i don't think there is much point in putting 9 prefs...
u should put 9 prefs, just in case

so what makes you people choose anu over like usyd / unsw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)