Australian piano piece ? >< (1 Viewer)

sephiroth*

HSC
I have a new teacher for music and some things have changed around. We have to do Australian music(cos teacher is a proud ozzy) and i need an australian piece for piano. This just killed it cause there aint any good pieces at all:bomb: . Should i do musicology for this ? Or have u got any pieces for recommendations pls(any grade level), has any1 done An australian piece(piano) for their hsc? frack

zOmg, playing the australian anthem is the onli piece i can think of and this crap will score me a band 1 cheers

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Well if you're doing Music 2 You have to do at least One Australian Piece. It's mandatory for the HSC ^^

But luckily in sydney (4 hickson Rd, the Rocks Lvl 2 ) There is the 'Australian Music Centre' and they have thousands of piano pieces written by Aussies. (Ok, AMC .. obviously.. it's all australian)
They even have a website:

http://www.amcoz.com.au/

PLUS, if you go in and ask for their 'HSC" list, and state your instrument, they will give you a complete list of all graded level pieces and what not, saying how well each piece is suited for the HSC for you and what grade each of them roughly are.

sephiroth*

HSC
Thx 4 site buny, i see if i can check out that libary.

I could do a composition but the process is a bit complicated and i hate putting music to paper cos it just takes hundreds of hours editing and writing it out, u need profolios and stuff too. bah

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I strongly recommend the AMC website as previously suggested.

I found Carl Vine's Red Blues there, it's fun to play. Particularly "Spartacus".

If you're ever scared of the Grade Level, which is definatley something you should be aware of, as long as you really put some effort into it, I don't think it matters what grade it is suited for as long as you're equivalent to grade 5, and have real determination. You've got a good amount of months to perfect it.

AmenoKitarou

HSC
Carl Vine is REALLY good actually....fun to play....doesnt sound the best...but hey itz fun to play~ I've learnt his 5 Bagatelle's and they're AMus level.....

but as ujuphjleg asked...wat level are u after?

MikiRei

HSC
Check out Matthew Hindson's "Moments of Plastic Jubilation" - I played that for my HSC. LOVED IT!! (though my school teacher hated it). You may have to cut out some parts though. It goes over 5 minutes.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, AMC rocks! I recently turned up to get one of my A.Mus.A. pieces actually--the D list section. AMC has a thick booklet saying what is available and what grade it is, so flicking through it will be worth your while.

paulpang22288

HSC
MikiRei said:
Check out Matthew Hindson's "Moments of Plastic Jubilation" - I played that for my HSC. LOVED IT!! (though my school teacher hated it). You may have to cut out some parts though. It goes over 5 minutes.
I got selected in encore to play that. yay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)