Australian Politics (5 Viewers)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Re: Australian Politics Chatter Thread

He was referring to federal elections because he thought that you were (in that mammoth, hyper-obese, rambling post of yours)
Leave Norman alone

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

Hmm watch the state Labor government go on a advertisement spending spree during the state election. I'm betting a 20-25% swing in all electorates against Labor at the 2011 state election. :)

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

It was not mammoth, except in the sense that like a mammoth, it was awesome.

It wasn't even partisan!

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

In Sydney on Saturday night, at a private dinner, one of Australia's leading bankers pleaded with Turnbull to shut his mouth. "Why?" asked Turnbull. The response from the banker: "Because when you propose something sensible, Rudd then takes it a step too far just to outbid you." The bank executive may be right. But don't expect Turnbull to keep his mouth shut. Nor should he.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24520361-7583,00.html

Turnbull must play hard ball against Ruddy to win the popularity contest.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

A recent poll on the federal level gives The Greens 13% of the vote. 1,300 voters sampled.

This is especially significant because the pollster, Newspoll, has been the least favourable to The Greens in the past, giving them on average 6% to 7% of the vote for the 2004 to 2007 period.

The Greens achieved 8% to 9% of the vote in the actual federal election in 2007. And The Greens just achieved what's looking like 17% of the ACT state vote.

It's emerging that this isn't just some short-lived Labour or Liberal boycott, but the full-blown demise of the de facto two party system.

There's a good write-up about it here: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24521423-5013871,00.html

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

lol rubbish. Wait for the crazy bullshit they'll ransom ACT Labor to, then we'll see how much more suited they are to protesting in the streets than on government benches.

Once their Brown Wizard is defeated, they will recede again into the belly of Mordor

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

Iron said:
lol rubbish. Wait for the crazy bullshit they'll ransom ACT Labor to, then we'll see how much more suited they are to protesting in the streets than on government benches.

Once their Brown Wizard is defeated, they will recede again into the belly of Mordor
I see.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
I want a new moderator of NCAP.

Now.

Me plz.
Only NCAP posters worthy of Moderatorship are KFunk and Kwayera

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

I'll wrassle them too

spiny norman

HSC

Trefoil said:
Probably because you're dead wrong.

NSW holds elections for both the Legislative Assembly and the Legislative Council every four years (last one being in 2007).

(Although the Legislative Council members serve 8 year terms.)
If you were talking state, and aren't just trying to save face, I have no idea what on earth you were on about here:

Trefoil said:
ALP has 3 years left of 4. Rudd's approval rating is currently the highest ever (and 2nd highest in history) at 71%.
The State election is now closer to two years ago than one. If we're referring to state, Rudd's approval rating means nothing, Rees' does.

Most of what else you wrote in that ridiculous post also seems to relate to the federal level, hence why I say:

Federal elections in Australia occur every three years, not every four. Why do so many people find it difficult to wrap their heads around this fact?!
which you then said was dead wrong.

And just because I'm now enjoying pointing out your general idiocy:

It's emerging that this isn't just some short-lived Labour or Liberal boycott, but the full-blown demise of the de facto two party system.
It's Labor. Is that, likewise, too hard for people to grasp?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

spiny norman said:
If you were talking state, and aren't just trying to save face, I have no idea what on earth you were on about here:
I thought you were referring to state (which is obviously why I explained the 4 year terms in the Legislative bodies, not the Senate or House). You did write federal, and I missed that; my bad. I was talking about federal in my initial post, yes, so I was mistaken to say 3 out of 4 years.

Now get over yourself; this has nothing to do with 'saving face'. It was a simple miscomprehension which I've not tried to deny, and did just admit.

Most of what else you wrote in that ridiculous post also seems to relate to the federal level
Why was my post ridiculous? Honestly, if you're going to throw your weight around at least substantiate it up with something more than attacks on spelling and what dates we hold elections, champ. :rolleyes:

And just because I'm now enjoying pointing out your general idiocy:

It's Labor. Is that, likewise, too hard for people to grasp?
Oh don't be a fucking retard. Not only is it very juvenile of you to claim I'm a 'general idiot' for a spelling difference, but I'm pretty sure you know full well where the rather arbitrary spelling difference originated from 100 years ago, and why it might be common for Australians to spell it another way (and the original official way) by habit.

Maybe you have Asperger's or something and shit like that sends you into an obsessive fit, but it's got absolutely nothing to do with either my intelligence or factual accuracy.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

More to do but heading in the right direction.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

More like: the train is delayed, but it's facing the right direction

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

More like: We won't censor your fucking Internet (except we might).

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

More like NSW Labor, again, you behemoth

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Dig a hole and stockpile the doomsday supplies my fren

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

My friends, what if I was to tell you that I have a bunker, and my friends what if I was to tell you it was stacked with swedish women and enough food to last a lifetime. My friends, what if I was to tell you it had the finest in entertainment and all the weapons you could eat; would that be something you might be interested in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)