Australia's involvement in the war in the pacific (1 Viewer)

hybrid-stigmata

Space.Monkey
HSC
Hello everyone,

Well i'm in year 10 and desperately need help with my history assignment because i can't find the information to a certain question...so if anyone knows the answer for How did the bombing of Pearl harbour lead to Australia being involved in the War in the Pacific?
Please let me know asap!! :)
thanks

hybrid-stigmata

Space.Monkey
HSC
i have a fair idea i think on the answer...but if someone knows can they please let me know :)
thanks heaps

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hybrid-stigmata said:
Hello everyone,

Well i'm in year 10 and desperately need help with my history assignment because i can't find the information to a certain question...so if anyone knows the answer for How did the bombing of Pearl harbour lead to Australia being involved in the War in the Pacific?
Please let me know asap!! :)
thanks
I dont think it did, the Pearl Harbour Attack made the US join the war, but Australia was already fighting it because we had such close ties with Britain.
But in relation specifically to the Pacific war, then u will have to look up dates of when Pearl Harbour was Attacked and what events happened before that that Australia was involved in
U could check out newspapers from that era, and other publications, also try universities, they usually have newspapers, jounrals, and periodicals dating back quite a while

hybrid-stigmata

Space.Monkey
HSC
:) ok thanks :)
I might just write something along the lines of that australia knew they were goning to be attacked after the bombing of pearl harbour because they had close ties with america and britain and the japanese attack on pearl harbour was followed by attacks on burma, borneo, the dutch east indies, malaya and other parts of south east asia...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hybrid-stigmata said:
:) ok thanks :)
I might just write something along the lines of that australia knew they were goning to be attacked after the bombing of pearl harbour because they had close ties with america and britain and the japanese attack on pearl harbour was followed by attacks on burma, borneo, the dutch east indies, malaya and other parts of south east asia...
No, would u like to go well or not, cause if i remeber correctly, Australia thought we would be attack and invaded by the Japense, however the Jap's never wanted to take Australia, they only wanted to go as far as Papua New Guinea (which at the time was under Australian rule, i think). The reason that the japs never wanted Australia, is think about it, what is so good about Australia?
It's only inhabitable on the coast line
We experience severe droughts
It is a hot and dry continent
Granted it has a big land mass, but it is mostly desert
However, we are rich in minerals

hybrid-stigmata

Space.Monkey
HSC
well yes, they thought they were going to be attacked...thats what i meant, heh. Well i have a good idea now. Thanks for your help Korn :)...good name btw ;). I also like your avatar. I'm listening to Metallica right now..hehe

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hybrid-stigmata said:
well yes, they thought they were going to be attacked...thats what i meant, heh. Well i have a good idea now. Thanks for your help Korn :)...good name btw ;). I also like your avatar. I'm listening to Metallica right now..hehe
Cool, what album/song u listening to

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hybrid-stigmata said:
im listening to a mixed cd i made :)
I'l listening to the Unforgiven part II :)
Cool, alright, hang on arnt u meant to be at school

hybrid-stigmata

Space.Monkey
HSC
yes...but last thursday or friday i think it was i realised boh my history and maths assignments were due, and i wasnt home all weekend so mum said i could stay home today as long as i get them done...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hybrid-stigmata said:
yes...but last thursday or friday i think it was i realised boh my history and maths assignments were due, and i wasnt home all weekend so mum said i could stay home today as long as i get them done...
Oh ok, cool, ive done that b4, when are they due

hybrid-stigmata

Space.Monkey
HSC
on wednesday, but i have finished my maths one. That was only on statistics - easy stuff...and my history assignment is more important anyways. And i'm nearly half way through it now...thanks again for your help though :) It helped me :)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hybrid-stigmata said:
on wednesday, but i have finished my maths one. That was only on statistics - easy stuff...and my history assignment is more important anyways. And i'm nearly half way through it now...thanks again for your help though :) It helped me :)
No problems, how long is the assignment (word length) and is it an essay?

hybrid-stigmata

Space.Monkey
HSC
its not exactly an essay...just questions. And it has to be around 1500 words

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hybrid-stigmata said:
its not exactly an essay...just questions. And it has to be around 1500 words
Shit thats long for year 10 isnt it, some of my uni essays arnt even that long, id better let u get it done

hybrid-stigmata

Space.Monkey
HSC
na its ok...i have nearly 400 words and im up to question 4. there are 7 questions...so i should get around that :)..hehe. Well if you have msn you can add me their if you want, cause it would be easier to talk their :p

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hybrid-stigmata said:
na its ok...i have nearly 400 words and im up to question 4. there are 7 questions...so i should get around that :)..hehe. Well if you have msn you can add me their if you want, cause it would be easier to talk their :p
Nah, i dont use msn, sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)