australia's place in the global economy (1 Viewer)

Kupow pow

HSC
i need help!!......."examine australia's recent balance of payments performance, distinguishing between short and long term factors influencing the current account deficit".......anyone out there that can help meh???....:D

ae

HSC
talk about Net Income, cause thats the current problem Australia is facing.
ie. money flowing out of Aus from investment (portfolio usually)

EDIT: Net income is the cause of CAD

olay

HSC
Do u have Dixon? if so, on pg 79 theres the table of Balance of payments for the last 3 or so yrs. IF u look at 2000-01, theres actually a surplus in the goods balance, but the net income is greater than surplus...which means we've got a current account deficit. [net income = interests & dividents payed overseas. and if this helps... we pay out more in interest than in dividends]. :) hope that helps??

oh and also, with the long term effects...it keeps piling on cause we borrow from other countries/sell assets to pay off the deficit and end up having to cough up more to cover the interest on either of those. <-- hmm actually, don't quote me on that one. i think its right but i'm not 100% sure. :)

santaslayer

HSC
my teacher said that australia is a small fish in a big pond......lol (supposedly their place in the global economy)

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
also its vital to dicuss gov't actions against increasing foreign debt. eg micro and structural reform (away from commodities towards services/manufatcures) and also macro policy, such as the budget surpluses on fiscal policy from ~97-2000, as an attempt to repay capital and why they failed. yeah discuss debt cycle, CAD and KA. also mention our increasing reliance on trade, link to globalisation, reducing protection etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)