Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (1 Viewer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Nah we'd have to forfeit due to send offs/injuries.
thats where Guus comes in, tactical brilliance:eek:

im watching it at the pub...big screen, mates, alcamahol green and gold :eek:
i'd rather be there (yes...even in uruguay) but i value my life:)
ditto with the second leg:eek:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
#23 said:
Australia have a big chance off qualifying. Come on;
1. Lugano and some other guy suspended for the first game. We must be able to score a goal or 2 against them away, esp. with the midfielders/attackers we have in the team.
2. We have Guus Hiddink- Tactical master.
3. Forlan is probably out.
4. Both of their 2 choice goalkeepers are out, they picked those 2 in the playing side vs oz but both are somehow injured and theres talk that the clubs off some of the other uruguay gks (the 3rd and 4th choice keepers) won't let them join the national team.
5. The first game game is away.
6. Diego Lopez and midfielder Marcelo Sosa also trying to shake injuries.
The 3 players that will stuff us up if any are;
- Montero (hes old though, im sure his slower than before but his damn good in the air)
- Recoba
- Zalayeta

I would play a 4-1-3-2 formation in the first leg.
Kalac
Lazaridis (if hes fit, but i hear his out but theres still a chance (if he is ruled out, Id give chipperfield this spot.), Ljubo, undecidedforthisposition (Thwaite, Popovic or Vidmar, I don't know how they are playing at the moment so yeah), Neill.
Grella DMC
Emerton, Bresciano, Kewell
Viduka, Thompson
I would put Viduka beause he can certainly score goals and + he knows the conditions that are awaiting him and hes the captain.
Cahill, Culina, Schwarzer, Aloisi + afew of the defenders from Thwaite-Popo-Vidmar. We can use 3 of these, that means we'd have some fresh faces for the 2nd leg. All looking good. How would u put the team lineup? i rekon this midfield-attack combo is great for the uruguay game!!!!
You talked about the uruguayans' problems but failed to mention how screwed up the australian side is atm.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
stazi said:
You talked about the uruguayans' problems but failed to mention how screwed up the australian side is atm.
well, you know your team is stuffed when half the world mistake your nations name for an insult :eek:

i.e. uruguay--->u r gay

!Solskjaer!

HSC
stazi said:
Blind optimism is exactly what Aussie football needs ;)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
braad said:
im confused, i dont know if i should believe someone called solskjaer...it reminds me of greatness but unreliablitity:p
Thats GOLD.

Shit, everyone here is either one of the two extremes: overly pessimistic or over optimistic. There is only 180 minutes of football to decide who goes on. And I cant help but think it will only be one individual act of brilliance that decides it.

As much as Solskjaer has talked about not worrying so much about the formation, strategy and stuff, that right to an extent. As much as you can say "Aye, we are fucked", at the end of the day, you have to put form, reputations and everything aside, and realise its just two matches of football.

Dont write Australia off.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i think australia can do it. however, I disagree with a lot of the comments on here.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Thats GOLD.

Shit, everyone here is either one of the two extremes: overly pessimistic or over optimistic. There is only 180 minutes of football to decide who goes on. And I cant help but think it will only be one individual act of brilliance that decides it.

As much as Solskjaer has talked about not worrying so much about the formation, strategy and stuff, that right to an extent. As much as you can say "Aye, we are fucked", at the end of the day, you have to put form, reputations and everything aside, and realise its just two matches of football.

Dont write Australia off.
Optimism leads to failure. At least pessimists expect failure :)
I just think that too many people (!Solskjaer! included) are expecting some fairytale final minute injury time goal that will get us through. The fact is that this is unlikely to happen

!Solskjaer!

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Optimism leads to failure. At least pessimists expect failure :)
I just think that too many people (!Solskjaer! included) are expecting some fairytale final minute injury time goal that will get us through. The fact is that this is unlikely to happen
You know what? A fairytale final minute goal is the best chance Australia has. So it HAS to happen. It WILL happen.

Come onnn...Everything's working out so well...it's the perfect set-up to qualify...We will....

I don't want to have to mention Greece's Euro fairytale...

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
You know what? A fairytale final minute goal is the best chance Australia has. So it HAS to happen. It WILL happen.

Come onnn...Everything's working out so well...it's the perfect set-up to qualify...We will....

I don't want to have to mention Greece's Euro fairytale...
And I don't have to mention that Greece failed to qualify for the World Cup ;)

!Solskjaer!

HSC
bazookajoe said:
And I don't have to mention that Greece failed to qualify for the World Cup ;)
Yes, let's conveniently leave out certain facts.

Australia will win WC06, but fail to qualify for Euro.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
It will be painted as a fairytale by the media if Australia win, no matter whether by away goals or five goals.

stazi said:
i think australia can do it. however, I disagree with a lot of the comments on here.
I think I echo these sentiments. But, if Solskjaer proves to be right, I'll be happy anyways. I just dont want to have to take tissues to the game. The last time I cried was almost four years ago to the day. I dont want to do that again.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
Yes, let's conveniently leave out certain facts.

Australia will win WC06, but fail to qualify for Euro.
Greece win the Europe tournament but fail to qualify for WC.
Australia win the Pacific tournament but fail to qualify for WC.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
I think I echo these sentiments. But, if Solskjaer proves to be right, I'll be happy anyways. I just dont want to have to take tissues to the game. The last time I cried was almost four years ago to the day. I dont want to do that again.
hahahahaha...faggot. it's just a game :p

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
It will be painted as a fairytale by the media if Australia win, no matter whether by away goals or five goals.
It's already been said that they'll get a ticket-tape parade through Sydney the day after the home leg, if they win.

I think Aust has a better chance this time round. Our players are in reasonable form, and uruguay are having injuries..

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
stazi said:
hahahahaha...faggot. it's just a game :p
ITS NOT JUST A GAME!!!! :D

Awww, come on, I was only... 13. It'll be a lot more embarassing as a 17 year old, with the SBS camera's zooming in on my drowning face...

!Solskjaer!

HSC
M-turkey said:
It's already been said that they'll get a ticket-tape parade through Sydney the day after the home leg, if they win.

I think Aust has a better chance this time round. Our players are in reasonable form, and uruguay are having injuries..
And we have a competent coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)