Autocomplete In Windows (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
Jm1234567890, it is not AutoComplete on Internet Explorer. I know what is going on now anyway. Thanks for your interest though:).

By the way what is tabbed browsing:confused:?
uno in a program that has tabs? like in Internet Explorer > Tools> Internet Options, see the connections, general etc... that's tabs, tab browsing is when u open mutlple websites in just ONE browser window instead of having 56 million windows in ur windows taskbar

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
uno in a program that has tabs? like in Internet Explorer > Tools> Internet Options, see the connections, general etc... that's tabs, tab browsing is when u open mutlple websites in just ONE browser window instead of having 56 million windows in ur windows taskbar
Oh, OK, I never seen that before. Thanks again Winston:).

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
that's not specifcally autocomplete then if it's what i'm finking

autocomplete is really a term mainly for IE, as you see when you type a letter the drop down for the text box appears, but the list consists of entries entered from the past, where as in a save or open dialog box, when you press a letter say "a", what it does is, it just displays all the files in that specific directory i.e. my pictures, that begin with the letter 'a', do you get what i mean, it's not like stored paths.

lol, i see now!!

yeah, there are utilities to delete those thingys.

i'll give you a few links

http://www.magellass.com/clear_junk_files.html

http://www.usewisdom.com/computer/windows/privacy.html

http://www.bykeyword.com/pages/detail3/download-3403.html

there!!!
this issue should be fixed now :)

slyball

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
are u saying for example if i right click on ur avatar and u go to save picture as and its in the my pictures folder for example and u press a letter say like 'f' and then a drop down comes in the save file dialog?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, exactly.
you can get rid of the drop down, you can't delete it.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
lol, i see now!!

yeah, there are utilities to delete those thingys.

i'll give you a few links

http://www.magellass.com/clear_junk_files.html

http://www.usewisdom.com/computer/windows/privacy.html

http://www.bykeyword.com/pages/detail3/download-3403.html

there!!!
this issue should be fixed now :)
Dude get it through your thick head, it's not something stored on your computer it's temporarily generated! How many times do you want me to reiterate myself sheesh.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Dude get it through your thick head, it's not something stored on your computer it's temporarily generated! How many times do you want me to reiterate myself sheesh.

i'm sure it is saved!!!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
i'm sure it is saved!!!
I am sure it is temporarily generated like Winston said now. Thank you for trying to help though:).

Winston, you should just lock the thread now. There is no need for it to continue:).

slyball

what i meant was - if you are talking about the drop down that comes from typing a letter when you press 'save as' (as a result of other files in the directory), you can disable the drop down, but you cannot delete the entries. :p

Winston

HSC
i'm sure it is saved!!!
If you can prove it's saved i'll give you 20 bucks!
I'll give you one more chance, you can go and re-read my explanation again.

Originally posted by Merethrond
I am sure it is temporarily generated like Winston said now. Thank you for trying to help though:).

Winston, you should just lock the thread now. There is no need for it to continue:).
Yes i might i wanna see jm's reply to see how he's going to prove it.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by slyball
what i meant was - if you are talking about the drop down that comes from typing a letter when you press 'save as' (as a result of other files in the directory), you can disable the drop down, but you cannot delete the entries. :p

Well the entries cant be delete it even if u work in MS, its not something physically saved, its temporarily generated.

I think i can whip up a hack to stop the drop down from coming

Merethrond PM me.

Melkcrate

HSC
Well the entries cant be delete it even if u work in MS
Depending on what program you are using, they can. IE, simply make the menu drop down, then highlight the offending autocorrect entry and press the delete key. For typed urls, go into the registry (start -> run -> regedit) and find something along the lines of HKEY_currentuser/software/microsoft/internet explorer/ then somewhere in there is a thing called typedurls or another with mre in the heading. search, and destroy whatever you are trying to hide.

I can post as to other programs, but can't be bothered reading page one to figure out what program you are asking about :p

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Look, in Win98 in the run dialog you have a history of what you're previously typed there before.

In Win2k/XP, as you type filenames, it autocompletes them. It doesn't do this in Win98 - it just uses ze history.

Ne?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Melkcrate
Depending on what program you are using, they can. IE, simply make the menu drop down, then highlight the offending autocorrect entry and press the delete key. For typed urls, go into the registry (start -> run -> regedit) and find something along the lines of HKEY_currentuser/software/microsoft/internet explorer/ then somewhere in there is a thing called typedurls or another with mre in the heading. search, and destroy whatever you are trying to hide.

I can post as to other programs, but can't be bothered reading page one to figure out what program you are asking about :p
Look, this is the SAVE DIALOG we are talking about GET THE IE RELATION out of your head!!! The autocomplete is temporarily generated as you type a letter in the file name textbox entry, PLEASE listen and read before you post!

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo
Et vous.

My post about the Run dialog also applies to Win98 (last time I looked).

Sorry wasn't directing it at you.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo
Look, in Win98 in the run dialog you have a history of what you're previously typed there before.

In Win2k/XP, as you type filenames, it autocompletes them. It doesn't do this in Win98 - it just uses ze history.

Ne?
That is something different again isn't it:confused:?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)