Autoethnography anyone? (1 Viewer)

sweetcherry

HSC
Uni Grad
Guys,

I've got an autoethnography to do and its due in 2 months time, so I thought I'd better get my arse into gear and start working on it.

However, I'm stuck without ideas what to do for my autoethnography.

So, anyone?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Ha! I had to lead a tutorial for the class in this topic for cultural studies - its pretty simple once you get your head around what an auto-ethnography is, for example certain types of blogs would qualify as auto-ethnography, short films about yourself would, a short story depicting a part of your life which has meaning to how you think etc.

Just remember to distinguish it from the autobiography - the autobiography is largely linear and is about events and accuracy and so on, the autoethnography should give insight into the sociocultural conventions that are a part of you and your immediate environment.

BronwynKate

HSC
You can write about cliques that you've been in and how they shape you today.

Or you can write about an aspect of a system which has affected you - like school, or mental health, or the law.

Blogs are simple and easy to work on.

sweetcherry

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks guys.

I'm meeting with my tutor next Tuesday to discuss autoethnography, so hopefully I'll be able to generate some ideas of what to do for my autoethnography.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)