Autumn 2004 Timetables (1 Viewer)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Timetables for Autumn 2004 are available at:

http://timetable.uts.edu.au

The room numbers for Autumn 2004 are now available (if they aren't then hopefully should be after 16th Feb).

Make sure you look up your classes to make sure you know where you are going. The printout you got at enrolment may NOT list ALL the classes that you HAVE to go to (ie. it may just list the tutorial and not list the lecture).

The weeks column will indicate which weeks you have to go to that class. Usually for most subjects you only attend the lecture (or equivalent) in the first week.

Also make sure you check the timetable a few days before uni starts (and even on the day if you have time) as room numbers can change at the last minute.

HSC
argh im confused... whats wrong with the timetable we got at enrolment then?
you mean i could have even more hours at uni? bah.... not happy.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
It depends what faculty your from. It's just that some faculties you don't enrol into lectures (such as Business) so its not listed on your Enrolment Advice that you got an enrolment.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
By lectures I mean lectures, lol. If you don't have lectures for your subject, then yeh its probably a tutorial or lab or seminar.

SydneySwan

woohoo!
HSC
N/A
I don't understand the 'Weeks' column. Also, I'm doing B Business B Computing, and apparently I have a seminar for 'Accounting for Business' and a Drop In for 'Economics for Business'. What's that about?!

T

tactic

drop ins are when you are having troubl you come to class and ask for help.. from what i understand they wont be teaching you anything in them

2late

Originally posted by jase-REX
It depends what faculty your from. It's just that some faculties you don't enrol into lectures (such as Business) so its not listed on your Enrolment Advice that you got an enrolment.
I'm doing the management in leisure course and i only enrolled in tutorials and not lectures. i thought it was a bit weird that i've only got tutorials. so going by what your saying does that mean i am enrolled in lectures, even though i didn't actually enrol in them? 'Coz using the online timetable i've got lectures and tutorials for my subjects.

So to cut a long story short, do i actually go to the lectures for my subjects?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yes you go to the lectures, but you can choose which ones you wanna go to.

MaNgO pAnCaKeS

I'm doing B Design in Visual Comm. and I'm confused by all the group things that are on my timetable i got at enrolment.
If only things made sense...

forsaken_99

I'm just confused as to all the Chem 1C pracs there are. Everyday the same ones are on but i only need to go to one. Is there a specific date for a course if this happens.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
two questions jase:

1) i have back-to-back stuff on thursdays that has me rocking between buildings 4, 5, 6... is that a bad thing? coz i dunno how long it takes to walk between those buildings.

2) even though there are no conflicts for me on thursdays, the generated timetable says time conflict!... is that bcoz i haven't selected a specific tute to attend, or is it coz the computer takes into account that i have to walk to and fro between buildings?

screenshot of timetable attached.

edit: there's a seminar for Accounting for Business during week 4? wtf? :(

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Ignore the time conflicts. That happens coz there are more than one tutorial in that timeslot, so its crap :). You should have time to walk between buildings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)