Award Nomination (1 Viewer)

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
I got a phone call on the weekend saying I had been nominated for an award from the Department of Education, Science and Training, for 'excellence' in IT. Has anyone else heard of this award?

They're going to send more information in the mail regarding some breakfast. I'm wondering if it's a national thing? or just for our district?

BabySilver

HSC
nah it's real. My tafe HSC advisor and my IT teacher were sure i'd get one.. till i took sick. I think that's what my HSC advisor finds the most disppointing thing about me being sick.. he was sure i'd top the state in maths and I struggled to finish my trial.

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
This award seems to be specific to the St George district as I expected.

Got more information in the mail today, "Congratulations on being nominated by your school to receive a St George School Education Area Excellence in Vocational Education Award for 2004". All schools in the district with VET courses had to nominate one person from each framework.

The breakfast is at 7:45am. Ugh :(

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
I have received a very similar award, however it was last month and contained any participating schools from the Sutherland Shire area. However, the reception was in the evening with 'light refreshments'.

My award basically states 'Vocational Education & Training Awards 2004' - 'Excellence Award' - 'In recognition of Outstanding Acheivement in Information Technology'. You may end up with your photograph in 'The Leader' or in your school's newsletter with a small article.

But my situation was slightly different, as I was only notified through school and given a note detailing the activities of the night. I received no phone call, nor letter of confirmation. However, I think the award you are receiving is pretty much the same thing. Apparently schools are meant to nominate one 'outstanding' student out of each of the Vocational Education and Training frameworks to receive such an award. However, there were a small number of schools that gave up to four awards in each framework! Clearly not following the procedure that states only one from each framework should be the recipients.

azn_boy

Where ever YOU want me to be .........BABE
HSC
N/A
i got an IT award but it was the " Outstanding Achievement in Information Technolgy Work Placement" and it was ONE award for the whole Hills area. I got it from the Hills Schools Partnership Inc (they do the work experience stuff for the course). So i was happy :)

PS: i dont even study for IT and i still got first place for IT at my school :) SO i took out all the IT awards ( the whole class is so bloody jelous !!! Heheheheh

HSC
N/A
hey i got that award for my school in the granville district area =)

congrats to all the other awardees =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)