Away (1 Viewer)

Maldini

HSC
I hate this text and i barley understand it. If anyone could help me out with the techniques etc involved with away and how it can also relate to the road not taken that would be great. If anyone one has note on either that would be even better. if not its kool :cool:

mrsbechelli

I'm studying away as well...i understand the text and the techniques (go on the board of studies website) but dont know how to link back to road not taken. Do we only need 1 text from the stimulus booklet or 2?

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i have this as well, and i hate it so much, the only things i know about the play is that its about different families to experience their relationships differently, away from the fixed roles and dynamtic of their lives at home. These journeys (away) are catalysts that initiate a process of examining deep seateed feeling and attitudes. Through the resolution of the conflicts that each family's journey brings to a head, new ways of relating and deeper understanding develops. Away talks about conflict and change for the characters, at the beginning of the play, the characters express their hopes that by entering a new physical environment they will be able to find a way to regain their energies and confront, perhaps even resolve the psychological challenges with which they are faced. How this play relates to the road not taken, well from my knowledge is going through forward and making a decision whether or not to choose that path, well it is journeys and when you understand and read through the text, you'll get a better understanding about the two.

HSC
away is full mainly of pointless dialogue techniques, you need to flesh out a variety of techniques such as symbolism, metaphors, contrast and body language, i focus mainly on metaphors/contrasing/symbolism :uhhuh:

elektra

HSC
There is so much in the play "away" techniques are all the way through it is a pretty complex play with alot of hidden meaning .. the play "Away" is a theatrical metaphor for a spiritual quest and like in shakespearean drama the main purpose of the quest is to gain self knowledge..
but i don't know how do relate it to the road not taken .. i'm not doing that stimulus text sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)