AWD vs. 4WD vs. FWD vs. RWD (1 Viewer)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Just saying, considering the weight of a liberty and the power an NA ej25 makes, you must be thrashing it if you are consistently getting that far ahead of other cars.
I had a NA Liberty, they're not that slow.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I had a NA Liberty, they're not that slow.
Not saying they are slow - just not as quick as a (post vt/ba or so) falcodore, or most cars made in the last few years which make up a pretty large portion of cars on the road.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Not saying they are slow - just not as quick as a (post vt/ba or so) falcodore, or most cars made in the last few years which make up a pretty large portion of cars on the road.
I guess this is an appropriate assumption. Though for the fact that they are 4/6 boxers can account for why.

According to the newer ej's the fuel consumption is a lot better though compared to a V8. Though in my ej25, I would say otherwise (doing over 16L per 100km lol. And that's including not unnecessarily accelerating and avoiding having to always brake and waste fuel).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Was in a Rangie last week and we wanted to overtake traffic leading up to a bridge... so we drove off the road, went to the front after the jam, and jumped back on the road.
Haha that seems epic.

Never been in a situation like that to try it yet though.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Btw, I don't thrash it for more than 4 seconds because usually that's the speed limit and I don't want to increase damage by revving it over 6000rpm.
I redline the beast and then it changes gear (that auto lol).

Can get to 100 in about 9 seconds lel.

Best thing too is that I was in an abandoned car park after work today that had a bit of rubble too. By abandoned I mean there was nothing there for 100m, other than trees. It was wet and being rubble the water seeps in and puddles a tiny bit. Also, being rubble there is no grip for the tyres haha. Amazing drifting and only had to go about 30-40 km/hr to get that oversteer lol.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I redline the beast and then it changes gear (that auto lol).

Can get to 100 in about 9 seconds lel.

Best thing too is that I was in an abandoned car park after work today that had a bit of rubble too. By abandoned I mean there was nothing there for 100m, other than trees. It was wet and being rubble the water seeps in and puddles a tiny bit. Also, being rubble there is no grip for the tyres haha. Amazing drifting and only had to go about 30-40 km/hr to get that oversteer lol.
Considering it's awd and doesnt have heaps of power, it's concerning how easily you seem to be able to get your car to play up tbh.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Considering it's awd and doesnt have heaps of power, it's concerning how easily you seem to be able to get your car to play up tbh.
Well the thing was worse than a skid pan lol.

Idk if you have ever been to a parking lot with the rubble (basically concrete rocks and no firm ground, and a layer of tiny 1cm wide rocks cover the ground), but any car can start drifting there without having to push the accelerator too much at above 30-40 km/hr in rainy conditions.

Even if you chucked it into neutral and did the u-turn with a large radius in any car, it would definitely slide.

Only in Malaysia. We saw a smaller car try to do this by using the shoulder lane and thought we can do one better :)
Got to try it one day somewhere :)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Well the thing was worse than a skid pan lol.

Idk if you have ever been to a parking lot with the rubble (basically concrete rocks and no firm ground, and a layer of tiny 1cm wide rocks cover the ground), but any car can start drifting there without having to push the accelerator too much at above 30-40 km/hr in rainy conditions.

Even if you chucked it into neutral and did the u-turn with a large radius in any car, it would definitely slide.
Hit me up with the address of this place, my civic needs some sideways action but it hasn't got enough powerrrrr :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)