Awkward "Friendship" or "Love" Situation (1 Viewer)

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
So this girl and I have been best friends for ages and ages. About 8 months ago I told her that I really cared about her and that I would really want to get closer to her. Awkward dates happened and after a few make ups I got an invitation for me to hang out with her for the afternoon and go to a halloween party. I got kinda tipsy and we kinda had a real intimate moment and I kinda didn't make the move. Now in the present shes now with another guy. & about a couple of minutes ago I told her that I loved her etc etc. She said that she loved me and adores me and wished it worked out between us. Im kinda confused about what I should do now. Should I give her space or continue talking to her like i said nothing? Or should I organize to have like a hang out day and kinda make a move? Thoughts would b greatly appreciated.

madsam

God among men
HSC
well, do you have the willpower to wait it out while she stays with, and eventually dumps the guy?

You can either:
a) Continue talking to her and hope that eventually she does dump him and that'll be your chance;
b) You could get her to choose between him and you by putting your friendship relation on the line,
c) Stay semi friends, ie stay talking and such but probably drop of a level so you dont appear to be after her too much; or
d) You could stop talking to her for a while and maybe come back later.

If you see her unintentionally and very often, ie at school, the last option probably isnt the wisest...

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
bake her a cake. If shes wheat or lactose intolerant, fuck her, shell only give you kids bad genetics and making a cake she can eat would be too much effort

madsam

God among men
HSC
If you do organize a day trip or whatever and her bf suspects or knows your into her, he will most likely try and separate you two as much as possible, or at least make himself present whenever your trying to talk to you...
So that would pretty much ruin the whole aim of the day.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
madsam said:
If you do organize a day trip or whatever and her bf suspects or knows your into her, he will most likely try and separate you two as much as possible, or at least make himself present whenever your trying to talk to you...
So that would pretty much ruin the whole aim of the day.
not if the boyfriends bi-curious

Pace_T

HSC
HMF said:
So this girl and I have been best friends for ages and ages. About 8 months ago I told her that I really cared about her and that I would really want to get closer to her. Awkward dates happened and after a few make ups I got an invitation for me to hang out with her for the afternoon and go to a halloween party. I got kinda tipsy and we kinda had a real intimate moment and I kinda didn't make the move. Now in the present shes now with another guy. & about a couple of minutes ago I told her that I loved her etc etc. She said that she loved me and adores me and wished it worked out between us. Im kinda confused about what I should do now. Should I give her space or continue talking to her like i said nothing? Or should I organize to have like a hang out day and kinda make a move? Thoughts would b greatly appreciated.
definitely seems like shes not interested in you in that way. the best you can hope for is to remain friends. theres always a slight chance she may break up with him and want to get back with you. btw she sounds nice

and

this made me laugh: "Now in the present shes now with another guy."

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
madsam said:
well, do you have the willpower to wait it out while she stays with, and eventually dumps the guy?

You can either:
a) Continue talking to her and hope that eventually she does dump him and that'll be your chance;
b) You could get her to choose between him and you by putting your friendship relation on the line,
c) Stay semi friends, ie stay talking and such but probably drop of a level so you dont appear to be after her too much; or
d) You could stop talking to her for a while and maybe come back later.

If you see her unintentionally and very often, ie at school, the last option probably isnt the wisest...
d) has personally worked for me before, although that wasnt my intention i was just like "meh no point hanging around here anymore" and then a year later things worked out.

b) I have seen personally work, my friend gave her an ultimatum that he couldnt be friends with her anymore because he was romantically attracted to her, so she tried it for a while, but in the end it fell apart. Still, atleast he got something out of it, though when it ended he was pretty hurt.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
indifference? if it happens it will happen and if it doesnt, it doesnt. theres no point in pushing a stone that isnt budging. its only going to fuck up if it wasnt meant to be a stone you were meant to push.

chamelia

HSC
You really shouldn't have said anything to her about your feelings as long as she is with this current guy.

Step aside now. She knows how you feel. Only she can make the next move. If you do you will only make her feel pressured to make a choice between you two, or possibly put some serious fractures in an already fragile friendship - she will be resentful.

Patience and try to move on if the feelings don't cut too deep.

leon4u

HSC
HMF said:
they're gonna break up sooner or later lol thats how it works, anyhow pretend your talking to other girls and ask her for advice as shes your "best friend" and this will make her jealous.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
"She said that she loved me and adores me and wished it worked out between us"

if that did actually happen, make another move, but after she breaks up with the guy.

also, if that's not going to happen in the forseeable future, go out and find some other girl to distract yourself with/possibly make her jealous.

perilakon

HSC
Sometimes the way I see it, best friend is better than boyfriend.

Just give her space, if she's happy with this new guy, and you really care about her, then you would want the best for her. I'd just stick by her side and be supportive about it. That's the way I'd run.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
if u want things to work out with her wait until you're older. high school relationships usually don't last forever. plus she has a bf.

HalcyonSky

HSC
it's not going to work you fucked it by being friends with her, now its always going to be some awkward non-sexual mess.

She's fucking another guy while playing you, i wouldnt get too hung up on it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)