B AppF/B ACST anyone with textbooks to sell? (1 Viewer)

tammin1

HSC
Hey
I was wondering if anyone is interested in selling their textbooks for actuarial studies and Applied Finance (double deg.)?

Good price with ok (or good preferably) condition?

Well... and does anyone have any opinion on ACST211? and Math132/133?
I want to know anything about actuarial studies...!

Cheers.

hello2004

My 2c:

- DO NOT buy any maths textbooks. Chen notes + lectures + tutes + assignments is enough

- Try to get the STAT171 book second hand. It's not great and you don't really need it.

- Buy the ECON110 book. It's worth it.

- You're forced to buy the ACST151 textbook anyway.

- ACST211 does not have a textbook

tammin1

HSC
thanks for your advice!
Well... do you know anyone who is currently selling their books?
I dont even know what to buy because i cannot log on to myportal till nextweek... :(

Thanks anyway! :)

atreus

HSC
ECON110 - 'Macroeconomic principles' by RM O'Donnell - $65 o.n.o.

PM me if interested.

aakash

HSC
ECON110 - Macroeconomic principles (RM O'Donnell-3rd Edition) - $60 ...JUST SOLD...i can ask my frnds if they wanna sell...not sure though
STAT171 - Probability and Statistics + CD(Mendenhall Beaver-12th Edition) - $80

aakashjain1@hotmail.com or PM me

Last edited:

tammin1

HSC
Isn't anyone selling books other than econ110?

I'd like to know which ones are worth buying? because often I find myself buying books and not using them because they are rubbish.

Your help is really appreciated and I want your advice. Please!

Thanks again

Cheers

bennyhenny

HSC
LOL, econ110 has alot of students enrolled in the unit so it's relatively easy to find a used econ110 book than books for your other subjects, which are pretty much bespoke to acst students

As for the others, hello2005 pretty much summed up semester one's textbook requirements.

As for semester two, the econ111 textbook is worth buying as well (the text book is good, if a little vague, but the workbook that comes with it is rubbish and you prob won't use it) and for acccg105 they pretty much force you to buy the books , as the tute questions etc are IN The textbook itself rather than supplied by the unit staff. (However for accg105 it might be best to wait because apparently they're changing the textbooks, someone correct me if i'm wrong)

For math133, hello2005's comments hold true again and for acst101 dont' bother buying the book at all. The lecturer, David Wescott's notes are pretty detailed and the unit co ordinators pretty much provide you with everything you need( the questions for the tests are pretty much in the unit notes but with words/numbers changed). BTW acst101 is fairly easy for ACST students, which is probably the biggest reason why the textbooks for the unit is useless.

BTW2, the 151 textbook has some license to use some internet service attached to it which is most likely expired and required by the unit, so i'd be EXTREMELY wary about purchasing a second hand copy.

Also don't forget to get credits in most of your subjects, otherwise it'll be a waste of time and money. (stat171, econ111, accg105, acst101)

Hope This Helps

tammin1

HSC
hey you are right. the author is Bernake for new edition. I wonder if the content is different.

To be frank, textbooks are expensive!
Thank you all for your valuable comments and advices. Helped me alot!

I think I am going to buy acst151 textbook anyway. I am kind of forced to buy it... I just had a lecture today and he sounded like a salesman to me somehow... lol

Thanks and i should check out the Bernake version and decide whether i should buy the 2nd hand...

Thanks and Cheers!

HSC
Sell:

Math132/133 Textbook:

Calculus - James Stewart 5e, 2007

ACST101 -
Financial Institutions Instruments and Markets by Christopher Viney
Mathematics of Finance 2nd Ed. David M. Knox, Peter etc.

ACCG105 - 2007

Like everyone else said, you don't have to buy those books to pass the units. But it's always good to have it as if you have something you don't understand, you can go look in the books.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)