B Arts (Media & Communication) AND B Commerce majoring in marketing? (1 Viewer)

jennybeaan

HSC
Hi guys,

I read this somewhere on BOS

"USYD has a (relatively) convenient location and there are some travel opportunities if you keep your grades high. Its media major is very generalised and has less recognition among the industry and has maybe one PR subject as part of its Media/Comm major. However you get a huge amount of electives to spend on other subjects as a result, which means you could major in almost anything - including advertising or marketing from the commerce faculty. Which is a fairly large plus."

and I wasn't exactly sure what it meant. Does it mean that if I did the above, it would be the double degree in
Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts and so under Bachelor of Arts I could do Media and Communications (or does it not work like that?) and under Bachelor of Commerce I could major in marketing or something? Because marketing isn't one of the majors under that double degree?

I'm just not really sure how all this works. Lol..

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Would you happen to have a link detailing this degree?

I'm having a look in the 2012 Handbook and I can't seem to find any reference to Media & Communications being a valid major in a combined degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)