B Arts - Politics and International Relations (1 Viewer)

yupkigirl__

HSC
Hey, I'm thinking of majoring in Politics and International Relations in the Arts component of my double degree although I'm still a bit unsure about it so I just wanted to know if anyone else plan to major in it or is majoring in it. What's it like? is the workload a lot and is it difficult?

Thanks.

:D

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
Like so many Arts majors it's a mixed bag depending on what individual courses you choose. The subject matter in all the ones I've taken were interesting and the lecturers (and tutors) were very good. The workload is what you make of it, depends on how much work you feel like putting into your essays etc.

lovethehsc

HSC
N/A
politik said:
POLS at UNSW is shit easy. Turn up to Tutorials, write a decent essay; D/HD.
Someone else quoted you on this (it was shroe) and the highest mark you scored in first / second year which incl. pols subjects was 83. I don't see a HD there do i?

Or are you living in 'imaginary place' and think you're the Magical Man from Happy-Land, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane!

Oh by the way i was being sarcastic (cue for Marge to say "Duh!")

jakree_golf

HSC
hey im also intending to major in POLS also

justing wondering though whether which level 1 course is more fun (and less boring) - Politics, Power and Principle, an intro to modern political theory, OR international relations in the 20th century

i know i'd finally need to do both of them anyway, but then which to do first??

how are lecturers, tutors like also?

any helps will be highly appreciated

Lavenderpup

HSC
Actually, they're two different paths so you don't have to do both.
You have Australian Politics, International Relations, and Political Theory.
International relations in the 20th century has a real boring lecturer but then again, all you have to do are hand-in essays and participate in tuts. But there'll be heaps of people doing the subject anyway since it's core to International Studies under inst1300. Tutors are fairly good. They facilitate discussion.
As for political theory. Can't say, never did.

jakree_golf

HSC
Lavenderpup said:
Actually, they're two different paths so you don't have to do both.
You have Australian Politics, International Relations, and Political Theory.
International relations in the 20th century has a real boring lecturer but then again, all you have to do are hand-in essays and participate in tuts. But there'll be heaps of people doing the subject anyway since it's core to International Studies under inst1300. Tutors are fairly good. They facilitate discussion.
As for political theory. Can't say, never did.

Thanks much Lavenderpup

do u think i can do both anyway?

IceOnFire

HSC
just wondering is this major good for someone that doesn't like english? English meaning analysing texts, writing very subjective essays, etc.

Thought Shark

HSC
IceOnFire said:
just wondering is this major good for someone that doesn't like english? English meaning analysing texts, writing very subjective essays, etc.
Well you don't do Politics to do English. I do POLS1018 and so far it's pretty easy. Basically it is 'this bloke thought this' and 'this other guy thought the same thing, but with this different in his theory'. The essay is basically a statement you need to critically analyse while showing that you know vaguely what you're talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)