B Comm/Eco or B Comm/Info Sys (1 Viewer)

jan88

HSC
N/A
I'm struggling to decide between the two degrees and want to pick the one that would compliment my commerce degree the most as I know that's the area I would want to pursue in the future. I hear Comm/Info Sys is good for employability but I'm worried because I don't have any background knowledge in that sort of area. Also, I hear Info Sys is really hard?? and I'm worried that I'll get a really bad WAM if I end up doing badly in Info Sys. However, I was considering Comm/Eco because I liked the idea of being able to do 3 majors.

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
You don't need background knowledge for most business school courses such as Commerce and Information Systems as you learn it when you do the degree.

Information Systems is not a difficult course provided you put the work in and study properly. The assignments are marked harsh due to bell curves but finals are really easy.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Info Sys (as well as other STEM degrees) are gaining traction from the typical employers :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What are you planning to major/what field do you want to enter?

BIS is probably more employable then Eco is which you may want to consider.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Why is this?
The finance industry is littered with projects in today's industries. BIS provides a good foundation for these transferrable skills. I did Eco.

However, I've worked as a BA and in Analytics in past roles. Only ever did 1st year infs and taught myself vba and SQL while working. Would have definitely gone and done BIS if I could go back.

Have been able to use these as clutch skills now in Risk where these skills have been invaluable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)