B. Commerce and Business (1 Viewer)

karpov

HSC
N/A
If I do the accounting major in the Bachelor of Business and Commerce degree at UWS does it qualify me to become a CA or CPA?? I suspect it does not have enough accounting units. I rang the uni today and the person didn't know but they gave me a number to ring but the person is unavailable for now and I need to put in my preferences very soon. Anyone doing the accoutning major in this degree now, can you me out?

L

LaraB

karpov said:
If I do the accounting major in the Bachelor of Business and Commerce degree at UWS does it qualify me to become a CA or CPA?? I suspect it does not have enough accounting units. I rang the uni today and the person didn't know but they gave me a number to ring but the person is unavailable for now and I need to put in my preferences very soon. Anyone doing the accoutning major in this degree now, can you me out?
have you looked at the online handbook on the uws site?

usually for courses it will say if you can be accredited for the relevant industry areas eg law it says it's accredited for the Legal Practice Admission requirements

babydoll~*

HSC
karpov said:
sorry are you a current year 12 student?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
its has enuf units. cept u gotta do tax law, and company law extra, else i think u shud be fine, let me reiterate, its the boards of the professional programs who decide to let you apply for the program and NOT the university.

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
If you have a double major you might have a problem as the 2 units needed are both electives, so you will have to take the two extra units. If you aren't doing a double major and pick the 2 electives you will be fine.

karpov

HSC
N/A
Yes I am in year 12. If I take the double major and have to do 2 extra units, will that mean my degree will take an extra few months to complete?

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
karpov said:

i am doing b bus n com with accounting major. i am in my 4th year

yes it will b recognised by cpa ca assuming u do the subs

all u goto do is the accounting subjects outlined in the major PLUS

TAXATION LAW

AND

LAW OF BUSINESS ORGANISATIONS

this means u cant do a double major as u will b doing 10 accounting subs and u will hv 6 electives.

then ur sweet.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
i duno y ur worried now anyway coz u goto do the core subs in the first yr

u should worry bout this at the end of ur first yr of uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)