B.Commerce/B.Laws: Transferring, WAM and employment opportunities (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Please understand my dire situation (ALL FAIL) and HELP ME CHOOSE FROM MY OPTIONS

Probably work in very small firms.
and can I do the same with b.eco (pass) at usyd?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Please understand my dire situation (ALL FAIL) and HELP ME CHOOSE FROM MY OPTIONS

and can I do the same with b.eco (pass) at usyd?
A pass in Comm/Law would afford you a bit more flexibility.

Emily Howard

HSC

m8 dnt be ridiculous

u need to take a break from uni n sort ya shit or u shld consider dropping out

sghguos

HSC
N/A
m8 dnt be ridiculous

u need to take a break from uni n sort ya shit or u shld consider dropping out
dude dont be a D*** srsly.

im being srs guys..

what can I do with a pass degree in b.comm/law macquarie.

wbt with a credit average in b.eco?

Last edited by a moderator:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
im being srs guys..

Probably not a lot. You could try to get a job at legal aid etc.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

Credit average BComm would be better than pass average BComm/LLB.

enoilgam

HSC

im being srs guys..

It really depends - it isnt an ATAR where they have cut-offs. In this day and age they look at so much more than that. In general though, most of the types of positions you are looking at would require at least a Credit average, but a Distinction average is closer to what they want.

crazy_paki123

HSC

Why are you aiming for just a pass in MQ for Comm/Law? I may not do law and Comm at MQ, but i do comm and i am getting 77-80 average atm (pre-finals). Especially, when ur WAM gets wiped to 0, why not aim and work harder?

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad

im being srs guys..

Hasn't this been answered already?
Anyways, a pass in Commerce/Law won't get you far (probably not the top firms), but will get you a job in one of those small firms with s*** pay as a start. However, this is more flexible in terms of job opportunities!
With a credit average in Economics; same story. Probably won't make it into the big4 and top business firms as they require a Distinction average. However, employment would be more favourable with a credit average than a pass and hence you could work for small-medium sized enterprises. I've heard that you need atleast an honours in Economics to find decent jobs - not sure if true!

sghguos

HSC
N/A

okay to finalise

How much better would a b.comm/b.law at macq with a credit average be better than a b.eco USYD credit average.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad

okay to finalise

How much better would a b.comm/b.law at macq with a credit average be better than a b.eco USYD credit average.
If I was to choose between these two (both at credit average), I'd go with Commerce/Law as its more flexible in terms of job opportunities. I can't answer by 'how much'... but I believe thats better.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

okay to finalise

No one can say. Honestly, apart from something like being a medical doctor, you could do pretty much whatever you wanted with either. The degree really doesn't matter.

izzy88

HSC

Seeking help doesn't necessarily mean emotional counseling, i'm pretty sure izzy88 (who if memory serves has experience with both MQ and USYD..?) was referring to academic counseling. This sort of academic support is there to help you re-focus your attitude and efforts towards your coursework. Using these services shouldn't be seen as a sign of weakness, but rather a pro-active move to get your studies back on track.
Yes sorry perhaps I should have been more clear - the uni offers workshops on time management/essay writing/keeping on track etc. I actually haven't studied at MQ - I seriously considered it when I was choosing uni's and have some experience with other aspects of the uni, but anyway.

Sghguos - employability is based on more than just what average you got in a course from a university. There is more to it (such as co-curriculars, how well you interview, work experience/previous employment in general), which is why it is difficult to give definitive answers to your questions.

I hope you work it all out/good luck with the decisions you have to make.

/i think that's it for me in this thread. I don't think I have anything more to add. Also, I really don't know anything about eco/commerce.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

okay to finalise

B.Comm/B.Law is more flexible than a B.Eco

I know people who have done B.Comm/B.Law at Macq (ended up with a credit average) and they were unemployed for 3 years...and I know people who have done B.Eco at USYD/UNSW with credit average and they got employed within 6 months of graduation

A credit average without experience and extra-curriculars means nothing to mid-tier and top-tier firms these days...

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
On the contrary, if these personal problems caused you to fail every single unit this semester i find it hard to believe that they are just going to 'go away' as soon as you transfer. Failing all of your units is actually quite hard to do, there has to be something pretty wrong.

Seeking help doesn't necessarily mean emotional counseling, Using these services shouldn't be seen as a sign of weakness, but rather a pro-active move
I see this as some of the best advice I have ever seen on this forum.

Last edited:

sghguos

HSC
N/A

B.Comm/B.Law is more flexible than a B.Eco

I know people who have done B.Comm/B.Law at Macq (ended up with a credit average) and they were unemployed for 3 years...and I know people who have done B.Eco at USYD/UNSW with credit average and they got employed within 6 months of graduation

A credit average without experience and extra-curriculars means nothing to mid-tier and top-tier firms these days...
You serious bro? That means a credit average of b.economics is superior to a credit average in b.comm/law at maq

3 years of unemployment when they graduated with a freakin credit average (which is quite hard) in comm/law??? guys is he telling the truth? WTF

enoilgam

HSC

You serious bro? That means a credit average of b.economics is superior to a credit average in b.comm/law at maq

3 years of unemployment when they graduated with a freakin credit average (which is quite hard) in comm/law??? guys is he telling the truth? WTF
No it doesnt - read the thread. There are other factors which employers look at, often times, those factors will trump marks in importance.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

A credit average isn't that hard.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

No it doesnt - read the thread. There are other factors which employers look at, often times, those factors will trump marks in importance.
Exactly. It's called an example, and there are plenty of other counterexamples to balance it out.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

So you last minuted the HSC, and you thought you could carry on this mentality to university.

If you are still plagued by these personal issues, they will come again. So don't transfer with the intention of having a new start, when such issues are still in existence and are going to affect you greatly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)