B.Commerce/B.Laws: Transferring, WAM and employment opportunities (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

sghguos

HSC
N/A
If I failed b.eco but I returned back to do b.com/law are my grades still destroyed?

I failed b.eco (arts and social science faculty)miserably as most of you know. It totally destroyed my future wam. HOWEVER if I returned back to usyd to do commerce/law (which is business and law faculty) will GPA/WAM still be affected from my past shit marks from the arts faculty?

I already know that its still on my transcript. IDC. I just want to know if it will continually ruin my wam even though im in another faculty.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Re: If I failed b.eco but I returned back to do b.com/law are my grades still destroy

It will still be on your transcript as you already know, but from my understanding/experience (which might not neccesarily be the case at Usyd/those faculties) WAM/GPA is completely reset on a transfer or change in enrolment.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
How hard is to get a job with these specs.

USYD b.comm(finance)/b.laws (credit average - 68)
3 years part time work experience (maccers, big W, coles mixed)
3 interships
0 network or connections

How will I do for big 4?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Re: How hard is to get a job with these specs.

3 interships
0 network or connections

How will I do for big 4?
I thought you hated accounting? Unless i'm getting mixed up with someone else.

Meshy590

HSC
Re: If I failed b.eco but I returned back to do b.com/law are my grades still destroy

I failed b.eco (arts and social science faculty)miserably as most of you know. It totally destroyed my future wam. HOWEVER if I returned back to usyd to do commerce/law (which is business and law faculty) will GPA/WAM still be affected from my past shit marks from the arts faculty?

I already know that its still on my transcript. IDC. I just want to know if it will continually ruin my wam even though im in another faculty.
I don't think you realise how hard it is to get into USYD Combined Law. With your ATAR, you'll need really high uni marks

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Definitely NOT memorising! It's all about problem solving and application - that's why I love it. Like the others have said, most exams are open book.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Definitely NOT memorising! It's all about problem solving and application - that's why I love it. Like the others have said, most ems are open book.
kewl. can someone answer my questions now please. especially: how will I do in terms of employment prospects

2 interships
0 network or connections

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
kewl. can someone answer my questions now please. especially: how will I do in terms of employment prospects

2 interships
0 network or connections
It's really not that simple. There are other deciding factors like how well you interview, your problem solving skills as well as if your resume and cover sheet are any good.

Btw, do you have a job yet or is the "maccers, big w, coles mixed" just another hypothetical thing? For part time work (and actual jobs 10-20 years down the line) employers would rather see that you have worked at one place for awhile rather than moved around a lot. It brings up questions about your loyalty to employers and if you haven't kept a job very long it might suggest incompetence.

Also, assuming it is hypothetical, you'd probably be better off working at department stores/supermarkets in the same group rather than working at one Coles group store and one Woolworths store. I.e. Coles + Kmart or Woolworths + Big W instead of Coles + Big W.
Maybe it's just me, but imo you'd be more likely to get that third job, you'd be able to group the two jobs together on your resume and it won't look like you have no hesitation suddenly working for the competition.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Guys this is just a side question but:

What GPA out 7.0 would equate to 99.95 ATAR?

Emily Howard

HSC
srsly guise stop feedin da troll in da dungeon

ur makin me sad panda

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
sghguos, I don't even understand you.

Firstly, your literacy skills are mediocre at best, you have failed first year economics and you think you're able to do law and get distinctions? Stop kidding yourself and realise that if you failed economics with a mark of 6, you're probably not going to be ready for any university degree, let alone one with a heavy workload.

RishBonjour

HSC
sghguos, I don't even understand you.

Firstly, your literacy skills are mediocre at best, you have failed first year economics and you think you're able to do law and get distinctions? Stop kidding yourself and realise that if you failed economics with a mark of 6, you're probably not going to be ready for any university degree, let alone one with a heavy workload.

but he is pasionet abut law n stuf
go for it - You need a 70 ish ATAR and 65 ish WAM for USYD law - easy shit - I'm on 50 WAM atm and gunning for law 4 da $$$

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
but he is pasionet abut law n stuf
go for it - You need a 70 ish ATAR and 65 ish WAM for USYD law - easy shit - I'm on 50 WAM atm and gunning for law 4 da $$$
This kid knows everything.

Learnt every HSC course - 12 units from SCRATCH the night before.

ATAR? 98+

If there's anyone with a valid opinion, it's this guy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)