B Commerce or B Economics? (1 Viewer)

tau281290

HSC
If I can choose between these two with my UAI, would I choose economics over Commerce since I would like to major economics anyways?

Are there significant difference between the quality of students between Commerce and Economics due to the UAI difference? But it is only a slight difference.

How are the professors/lecturers? Are they the same ones or different?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well first of all use the search feature on this site since this has been discussed in many other threads.

second, what else do you feel like you will major in? you can always get into commerce and if you still like economics, then transfer to economics. but this is easier at unsw since the core units are the same in first year.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
tau281290 said:
If I can choose between these two with my UAI, would I choose economics over Commerce since I would like to major economics anyways?

Are there significant difference between the quality of students between Commerce and Economics due to the UAI difference? But it is only a slight difference.

most students in your classes will be from both econ and comm.. they don't split you up based on your degree.. just the subjects, which are the same for both degrees.. minus the fact u need to do an econ major under b.eco

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
tau281290 said:

Answer 1) If you get a high enough UAI, fuck the indecision and do both. If you get a UAI only enough for eco, then you're stuck doing eco as a degree but you can transfer later on. Also, you can an eco major under commerce as well.

Answer 2) Why does the overall quality of students matter to an individual? University is a place where the only person who gives a shit about your individual presence is simply yourself (and any group who you have to do an assignment with). But to answer your question, you shouldn't care at all about such a notion as

1) Our faculty is huge and you won't get to meet everyone
2) People do other degrees with commerce and economics
3) Your performance at university will not be affected by anyone else unless its group work

Answer 3) The answer is simple..... They vary.... Some are good and some are shit... And you won't necessarily get the same lecturers for different courses as well. You'll simply find all this out for yourself if you come here as lecturers/course structures sometimes change significantly.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
3) Your performance at university will not be affected by anyone else unless its group work

Not entirely true. Some (not a lot) classes are graded on a bell curve.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Jago said:

LOL at scaling...most if not all

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Jago said:

I already knew that but in all honesty, I still find it irrelevant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)