B Design (VISUAL COMMUNICATION) [uai cutoffs/questions/help] (1 Viewer)

juni

juni
HSC
I would say student admin as they are the ones that make the judgements on enrolments :)

Ring up student admin or go to UTS Building 6 level 5 Student admin and talk to them in person :)

Superstar44

HSC
Hellomike I agree with juni you should talk to student admin .. in particular the one in charge Julian…. Ask to speak to him.. basically anything admin related his your best bet
I wish you good luck

if it doesn't work out then try again next year and spend this year exploring your creativity.. i'm sure you can do some work expereince.... some short courses

Last edited:

juni

juni
HSC
yes.. and also you can ask them why you didn't make it, they will normally tell you why.
I had a friend who didn't make it to fashion designat uts and she was given an advice that she may need more experience/knowledge of the field.
If you don't get in, listen to the advice carefully and fix those bits up and try again next year :)

If it is your academic marks that's a problem, maybe you should go back to your degree and try to achieve a higher GPA (At least a credit average but higher to be safe) or... you could even re sit for the HSC as that actually is apparently easier according to the staff. (course director said getting in through the UAI is less competitive [even though the cut-off can be anywhere in the 90s] than non current school leaver entry)

Last edited:

Superstar44

HSC
wow thats j-j from school here aswell as juni here too
how did you know it was me??

wow small small world....

legal studies really helped us out lol

Last edited by a moderator:

juni

juni
HSC
what a small world :eek:.............

ok.. ill try to help u as much as possible (I also helped ron with the transfer and well, he made it to fashion +_+ .. yay)

too bad u didnt study visual arts at high school, it would of absolutely helped :( most ppl at uts vis comm got band 6 in visual arts and many other creative/academic achievements

Last edited:

spindle

HSC
N/A
Heya all!

For all those who are doing first year this year, what time/day do you have for Enrollment and Orientation.

For enrollment I am on Thurs at 1 (is that the first one?) Enrollment is on the 20th for me.

Looking forward to it all. Also, when chosing my timetable, is it pretty much Set for first year students... Are there many electives I can pick?

:D

juni

juni
HSC
spindle said:
Heya all!

For all those who are doing first year this year, what time/day do you have for Enrollment and Orientation.

For enrollment I am on Thurs at 1 (is that the first one?) Enrollment is on the 20th for me.

Looking forward to it all. Also, when chosing my timetable, is it pretty much Set for first year students... Are there many electives I can pick?

:D
there's no electives for first year lol :);;
check out the DAB handbook
www.dab.uts.edu.au

spindle

HSC
N/A
So I take i this is what I will be studying first semester?

Year 1 Autumn semester 85502 Researching Design History 6cp 87100 VC Project: Ways of Seeing 6cp 87117 VC Technology: Visible Language 6cp 87118 VC Studies: Image Experimentation 6cp
For those who have enrolled before. How does it work exactly? Will there be a list of these subjects on the computer when I go in on thurs? And I just build my timetable from that? Or am I to already know the course codes of each subject and fill them in myself?

Little confused sorry.

juni

juni
HSC
spindle said:
So I take i this is what I will be studying first semester?

For those who have enrolled before. How does it work exactly? Will there be a list of these subjects on the computer when I go in on thurs? And I just build my timetable from that? Or am I to already know the course codes of each subject and fill them in myself?

Little confused sorry.
Basically everything will be done on thursday, so don't worry.
You don't choose anything in first year. You will just enrol into all the necessary 4 subjects for the commencing semster on thursday :)

msh

HSC
sigh*
for those who missed out, try again.
when i went to the DAB open day, the lecturer said they had applicants who tried 5 times:burn: and got in after 5th year of attempting .
im serious about design so i want to go to a reputable uni.
hopefully i wont be in the 5 attempts boat lol

spindle

HSC
N/A
This is my timetable. Anybody have something similar?

Just seems like such little hours (I know the monday tut isnt their yet, but still).

Am i missing something?

msh

HSC
from what i heard, most of the people that got in to vis comm through non current school leaver entry are all from UNSW COFA Bachelor of Design. :burn:
grr..why do they bother to move and make it harder for others? :confused:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
spindle said:
This is my timetable. Anybody have something similar?

Just seems like such little hours (I know the monday tut isnt their yet, but still).

Am i missing something?
well you are doing 4 subjects, so that equates to a full time student
plus 13 hours for a design student sounds about right

spindle

HSC
N/A
Found out on first day that not all subjects were on timetable, so add another four hours to that.

Am enjoying the course very much. However, some of it seems very basic. Cutting and pasting of squars. BAH!

Gerhard is very funny though. Type would have to be one of my favourite courses.

And sorry, but I transfered from COFA, however, was a Fine Arts student,not design. I did the course solely to get into Viscomm. I dont see what the problem is there? Its very hard to get into, and this was my third year of trying.

msh

HSC
spindle said:
Found out on first day that not all subjects were on timetable, so add another four hours to that.

Am enjoying the course very much. However, some of it seems very basic. Cutting and pasting of squars. BAH!

Gerhard is very funny though. Type would have to be one of my favourite courses.

And sorry, but I transfered from COFA, however, was a Fine Arts student,not design. I did the course solely to get into Viscomm. I dont see what the problem is there? Its very hard to get into, and this was my third year of trying.
oh wow..3 years of trying. :eek:

I admire you!! congrats!!

I've heard at the open day that someone got in at the 5TH ATTEMPT. EEK

This will be my SECOND year trying..

fingers crossed.

Last edited:

anniexrocks

HSC
hey everyone!

i'm doing hsc this year and i reallly want to get into the viscom course!
but the UAI cutoff was so high compared to the year before - 90.05, something i know i won't be able to achieve with my subjects.

I really hope it goes down this year.

I heard they accept people in rounds and even if you didn't have a high enough UAI you could still get in on the 2nd or 3rd round. Is this true?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if you dont get an offer in the main round, then i doubt youll get an offer in the late and final rounds...if they have vacanies that is
most communication courses at UTS are very popular, so your best bet is that if you dont make it this year, then i would suggest do a course that you have the UAI for and then transfer after a year

loveandhatred

HSC
hello :)
May I know what kind of stuff do you get at visualComm? like what do they teach you there? I'm currently taking B. Interior Architecture at UNSW but I am planning to change. I really enjoy web and graphics designing...I like directing/editting videos, making ads? so i think this course is the one that fits my interest?? or is there any course outside B. VisComm that does this? can anyone help me pls?? I really want to change course badly T_T
also, how do i apply to transfer course in different uni? through UAC? if i had applied for EAS last year, would i be able to use it again for this transfer?
**One my friends transferred to my course (B.Interior Architecture) from B.graphic design UWA without her UAI...she applied through UAC.

thank in advance :)

msh

HSC
loveandhatred said:
hello :)
May I know what kind of stuff do you get at visualComm? like what do they teach you there? I'm currently taking B. Interior Architecture at UNSW but I am planning to change. I really enjoy web and graphics designing...I like directing/editting videos, making ads? so i think this course is the one that fits my interest?? or is there any course outside B. VisComm that does this? can anyone help me pls?? I really want to change course badly T_T
also, how do i apply to transfer course in different uni? through UAC? if i had applied for EAS last year, would i be able to use it again for this transfer?
**One my friends transferred to my course (B.Interior Architecture) from B.graphic design UWA without her UAI...she applied through UAC.

thank in advance :)
just check the official website for these sort of issues.

www.dab.uts.edu.au

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)