B Digital Media @COFA (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What is the difference between the BA (Media and Communication) and the B Digital Media at COFA?

spam police

Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
What is the difference between the BA (Media and Communication) and the B Digital Media at COFA?
huuuge difference, digital media is more for artistic and creative careers like animations, computer manipulated art/digital art, web design, etc..whereas media and comm is a humanities course similar to the usyd media course, i.e about writing, film studies, etc

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Ah ok, but from what I had heard the BA (media and comm) at UNSW was very technology based... does anyone here do either of these courses?

spam police

mercurydrinker does.

i've seen your posts in the UTS forum and judging by them i think you'd be interested in the media and comm one but not digital media one, that course at cofa sort of leads you more into website design and graphic design, whereas you want to do more actuall communications, don't you..?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah, I'm actually interested in both of these areas, however I lean more towards the communications courses. I was just curious :)

Thanks for the help.

BTW, would the employment prospects of graduating with a BA (media and communications) from UNSW be good??? It's one of my backups if I don't get the UAI for UTS or Syd

ali#c

BA (m+C)

I was wondering with this course if it opens many doors for journalism or even internet marketing.... or are these completely irrelevant?

ali#c

What do you mean 'fine arts?' ...there is a seperate campus for Fine Arts isn't there?

spam police

oh fuck, sorry, i read your post wrong i didn't see your subject (which said that you were askin about the media course)

sorry sorry, just ignore me :(

HSC
if anyones still interested, I'm doing Media and Commmunications at UNSW...

from what I gather there is a fair bit of difference between the two. Digital Media is graphic design, animation and fine arts type stuff. Media and Comm. is an Arts course with a Media and Comm. core.

In first year, you have four subjects, three arts subject which can be almost anthing, history, economics, politics, film studies, maths, science, language etc. and there a fourth subject which is new media. new media is half practical stuff (we did dreamweaver and flash, in this respect it somewhat resembles Digital Media) the other half is theoretical stuff about new media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)