B Economic & Social Sciences, B International Studies moving Faculties (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
USYD said:
This is a flexible award course which offers students the opportunity to develop a broad understanding of the social environment in which economic activity takes place. Majors in areas such as Political Economy, Industrial Relations
and Human Resource Management, Government and International Relations, History and Sociology provide outstanding opportunities in personnel management and policy development. The Bachelor of Economic and Social Sciences suits students who are interested in the social and political context in which economic activity takes place, or who would like to minimise mathematical approaches. Students in the Bachelor of Economic and Social Sciences must complete a major in Economics, Political Economy, Government and International Relations or Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management. Majors are taken across the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Economics and Business.

Students can also complete additional majors from the Faculties of Science, Education and Social Work or Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, or other faculties of the University of Sydney.
http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/future_students/undergrad/EconomicSocialSciences.shtml

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Here are the new requirements for BEcSocSci:
144 credit points
INCLUDING
No more than 60 junior credit points
AND
A major or extended major from one column in the table below AND at least 12 senior credit points in a subject area from the other column in the table below
AND
No more than 60 credit points from another faculty at the university.
First column is ECON and ECOP; second column is GOVT and whatever the code for IR/HRM is. Presumably there'll be transitional arrangements regarding the cross-faculty study restriction for people who are already enrolled.

Edit: And interestingly, World Politics is no longer listed as compulsory for BIntSt. Maybe they're cancelling it.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
those were basically the same requirements as before.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
stazi said:
those were basically the same requirements as before.
Yeah, I know. Although the cross-faculty limit means that some of the combinations of major/12 senior cp are unavailable. You wouldn't be able to do an extended major in economics and and the 12 senior cp in IR/HRM or vice versa.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Triangulum said:
And interestingly, World Politics is no longer listed as compulsory for BIntSt. Maybe they're cancelling it.
Like that's such a bad thing. Only the most boring subject on the face of the planet although you know, the content was interesting enough just the way it was explained...

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
ujuphleg said:
Like that's such a bad thing. Only the most boring subject on the face of the planet although you know, the content was interesting enough just the way it was explained...
That's why I took the smart option and didn't do it. Unfortunately, I also took the unsmart option and did Geopolitics.

bustinjustin

HSC
Yeah world politics became even more useless in hindsight as the whole course was better taught and revised by John Mikler in the first few weeks of GOVT2221 Politics of Economic Rels.

Also, I don't like how certain departments are/were constantly shafted by the Eco. Bus Faculty, but I don't want to move to the Arts Faculty either. Only change that I can really benefit from is if they start recording lectures in ECOP and GOVT as is done with many Arts departments.

Last edited:
HSC
Triangulum said:
That's why I took the smart option and didn't do it. Unfortunately, I also took the unsmart option and did Geopolitics.
I was so happy that the lecture today was only an hour :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)