B.Economics at USYD (1 Viewer)

adambra

HSC
Damn it I think I should have done B International Studies. My UAI was 93.45. Shit.

Diiiiiana-_-

B. Int. Studies @ Usyd !!
HSC
adambra said:
Damn it I think I should have done B International Studies. My UAI was 93.45. Shit.

Hey, u going to B. Economics and S.C

We still might see each other around,

Hehe ~ we'll go to the same Uni same Fac~

phrred

HSC
cimbom said:
I got my 3rd preference of B.Eco last night... only because i missed B.Economic and Social Sciences by 0.15. Unless a miracle happens and i get accepted into either B.International Studies or B.Eco+Soc Sci with my UAI of only 91.40 ( :( ) in late/final rounds, i'll be doing B.Economics next year until i can transfer.

I was just wondering... until i edit this post with more comprehensive, specific questions- what is the general ability within this course to NOT focus upon quantitative econometrics- based subjects? According to the handbook... core units of study includ introductory microeconomics, introductory macroeconomics- from the economics area of study, and then econometrics units of business and economic statistics A and B. So- is it possible that i can do a major or an extended major in economics to avoid doing further study within the discipline of econometrics? How much flexibility do i get in selecting further units of study within the economics and business faculty as electives in first year... say, from gov+int relations or political economy? Could i major in the two aforementioned disciplines while still majoring in Economics?

...Or should i just put B.Arts, which still has vacancies, as my first preference in the late round so that i have more flexibility to transfer into B.International Studies in second year... or is it better to remain in the same faculty with B.Economics, even though i might get better marks in like history subjects within the arts faculty than in econometrics- enabling an easier transfer?

I know i should really be asking these questions to the USYD helpline or reading the handbook more closely... and using the search function more... but i know b.economics is a popular degree and there are heaps of people studying it here, that could provide me with their educated opinions on this course :) .
u got the cut-off mark for UNSW B. International Studies, u could do that for first year and then try to transfer

cimbom

HSC
phrred said:
u got the cut-off mark for UNSW B. International Studies, u could do that for first year and then try to transfer
yeah... exactly 91.40. But b.economics at usyd is probably more closely related than unsw's b.international studies degree- like, it's not really the same thing as transferring from one university's law degree to another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)