B Health Sci OR B Exercise&SportSci/Nutrtion? (1 Viewer)

waifung

HSC
Hey BOS people :)

I completed my HSC at Fort Street High 2008 and got a UAI of 94.80. I have two offers:

1. B Health Science at the Uni of Sydney (80.10 cutoff) [ 3 Years @ Camperdown Campus]

2. B Nutrition/B Exercise&Sport Science at the Uni of Sydney (94.1 cutoff?) [ 4 Years @ Cumberland Campus]

I am currently stuck between the two courses. My plan is to transfer into PHYSIOTHERAPY after a year or do that guaranteed entry via Health Science route. How difficult is it to transfer after doing 1 year of a course? and will i have to redo first year if i do health science or nutrition??? Will the higher uai cutoff course (nutri) make it easier?

What do you all think??? :spzz: please include pros and cons.
(Feedback would be MUCH appreciated as i need to enroll into a course quick)

brownie44

HSC
I think physiotherapy is quite a difficult course to transfer into because most of the places are usually taken by HSC graduates. Health Sciences does provide guaranteed entry, although you need to remember that you need to maintain at least a credit average for your place to be 'guaranteed'. And admittedly, health science can be extremely boring at times. With exercise and sports science if you continue to the end of your degree, you can still apply for the postgraduate physiotherapy program at usyd PLUS youll have the nutrition degree as well (though obviously this will take longer than health sciences).
Ultimately its your decision. But either path you choose you can still apply for post grad physio (assuming you have a credit average or better in your undergraduate degree). But it will take you longer if you do it through the exercise science path.
Also, if you do health science you could be eligible for the Bachelor of Health Science entry scholarship. Its $2000 paid to the 2 people who get the highest UAIs over 90.

Last edited:

juggernaut

HSC
Just do the single exercise and sport science degree. As stated, health science is a snore - has a lot of unnecessary researchy/theory/pysch subjects for wanting to go down the path of physio. Im sure if you still obtain a credit in E&SS youll get into masters of phys, despite the guarantee in HS. E&SS is definitely the better suited degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)