B International Studies/Laws (1 Viewer)

Meshy590

HSC
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone does this course and could tell me a bit about it. I am considering doing this or Commerce/Law. I know that in this degree you can do International Business as a major, but would this still allow me to pursue a career in commerce later on, even without a commerce degree? Also, are you limited to one major, as I also have an interest in International relations and continuing my study of French.

Thanks

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Depends what sort of Commerce job you want. You'll need basic knowledge if you want to get into certain Commerce-based jobs, so... yeah.

And most times, you're limited to one major per degree - so just stick with that assumption.

Meshy590

HSC
i want to do something where I have more of an advisory role....I DON'T want like a job at a desk, and would like to keep away from maths and finance...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
That's definitely a Commerce degree. There are certainly parts of the Commerce degree which don't have that much of an emphasis on the mathematical and financial perspectives - so yes, there are roads to what you want :)

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
Im doing International Studies (International Business) and I'm combining it with law next year aswell.

If you do it on its own you can put all your electives and gen. eds into core units of another major and get that, maybe a minor. you have to do at least 1 IR core a year and 1 language subject a semester for your first two years until you go overseas for 2 semesters. THen its pure law subjects when you get back till the remainder of your degree.

In regards to jobs, technically international business falls under the school of management so you should be able to find something in that area. Though i would imagine it would be more hands on since your not doing as much of the advisory esque subjects as you would with a straight comm degree. But I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep IR if i get the law transfer so only my cores are IR subs, rest are comm core subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)