• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B.International Studies (1 Viewer)

scott_hendo

Alternative Conservative
Peeing on an electric fence...mmm...tingly
HSC
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me exactly what the uai cut-off for the bachelor of international studies at UNE was in the past and what they predict it will be this year. if anyone could help that would be awesome.
cheers

scott_hendo

Alternative Conservative
HSC
uhh...my mistake. I didn't realise out of the 55000 members of BoS no-one has a UAC guide handy. :p
come on people, i'm not in Australia at the moment so I have no way of finding this stuff out.
thanks to whoever has it in their heart to look for me!

scott_hendo

Alternative Conservative
HSC
ballerinabarbie said:
it was 70.00 this year
probably won't increase much for 2006 - don't quote me on that though, i'm just a simple aggie who has no idea about those kind of courses
ballerinabarbie thank you very much. I appreciate it. Any help's better than none at all. cheers!

scott_hendo

Alternative Conservative
HSC
ballerinabarbie said:
no probs - just make sure if u come to UNE u live at albies!! it's the best
:) Albies hey? whats it like there? how close is it to the uni? I suppose I have to start thinking about where im going to stay cos' I'll be coming to UNE in 2006. Can you apply for accommodation online?

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
scott_hendo said:
:) Albies hey? whats it like there? how close is it to the uni? I suppose I have to start thinking about where im going to stay cos' I'll be coming to UNE in 2006. Can you apply for accommodation online?
i can tell u whatever u want to know about albies (maybe...) all the colleges are about a 15-20 minute walk from the uni (apart from mary white) but a lot of people drive up top to class.... i like the walk, but some afternoons when u are walking to pracs it's a bit too hot to walk up the hill
you can't apply for accomodation online but you can print off the form (you usually get sent one anyway when u do all your uac and that stuff) basically it's just a generic one that is for all the colleges and you put your preferences in order and send it to the first one... usually (i know albies do anyway) the college will send u another form to fill out that is specific to the college (the questions are pretty similar to the first one)... albies does interviews, don't know about other colleges
so if u definately know u are coming to UNE i'd suggest putting in preferences about october time... albies do interviews from mid november and it's best to get in early (we are one of the fullest colleges, only about 1 in 3 applicants get in, we get the most applicants of any college and we have the least amount of freshers - only 1/3 compared to about 1/2 in most other colleges)
any questions you want to know about albies just let me know - we have a mix of all types of people (although i'd say about 90% are from the country, that's about the only generalisation you can make) we have people from lots of courses, but i'd say the main ones would be ag/rural science/ag bus./ag ecos, nursing and teaching... benefits of albies - we have the best food, we have sinks in our rooms (may not sound like much but this is definately something that comes in handy), we have the choice of catered or self-catered, we have the biggest rooms of any of the colleges... there's lots more that i could tell u so just ask!!

scott_hendo

Alternative Conservative
HSC
ballerinabarbie said:
i can tell u whatever u want to know about albies (maybe...) all the colleges are about a 15-20 minute walk from the uni (apart from mary white) but a lot of people drive up top to class.... i like the walk, but some afternoons when u are walking to pracs it's a bit too hot to walk up the hill
you can't apply for accomodation online but you can print off the form (you usually get sent one anyway when u do all your uac and that stuff) basically it's just a generic one that is for all the colleges and you put your preferences in order and send it to the first one... usually (i know albies do anyway) the college will send u another form to fill out that is specific to the college (the questions are pretty similar to the first one)... albies does interviews, don't know about other colleges
so if u definately know u are coming to UNE i'd suggest putting in preferences about october time... albies do interviews from mid november and it's best to get in early (we are one of the fullest colleges, only about 1 in 3 applicants get in, we get the most applicants of any college and we have the least amount of freshers - only 1/3 compared to about 1/2 in most other colleges)
any questions you want to know about albies just let me know - we have a mix of all types of people (although i'd say about 90% are from the country, that's about the only generalisation you can make) we have people from lots of courses, but i'd say the main ones would be ag/rural science/ag bus./ag ecos, nursing and teaching... benefits of albies - we have the best food, we have sinks in our rooms (may not sound like much but this is definately something that comes in handy), we have the choice of catered or self-catered, we have the biggest rooms of any of the colleges... there's lots more that i could tell u so just ask!!
wow...thanks for writing that for me! It's awesome to get some decent info! cheers. Yeah...i'll have to look into it RE: accommodation application. I'll be living overseas until January of 2006 so i suppose it'll make things difficult. We'll see what happens. I'll will most probably think of some more questions for you soon too. But thanks for helping so far...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)