B. Med Sci/ B Eng or B. Sci/ B Eng at UNSW or USYD (1 Viewer)

DefiningTheta

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

I have been considering these two combined degrees. First of all, I do enjoy Chemistry (so USYD?), however, which combination is better with engineering?
I do intend to work in the public sector (and private sector if the gov begins slashing jobs (as seen with Brisbane)), but with a B. Science it has more variety in majoring.
On the other hand with a B Med Sci, it will possible that I will be doing a B. Engineering (Biomedical Science)
Some who has experience, could you please answer me?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
There's no BioMedical science engineering. It's biomedical engineering.

I'm doing the degree (medsc/engg) and I swapped into chem engg because the mech part of BioMed engg is very physics based which I don't like (but that was mech(BioMed), now that there is just BioMed it should be less mech-y and physics-y).

And I'm swapping to advanced science because I don't believe med science is helpful with engineering (and you take a full year away from engg to just do medsc :/).

So like, yay?

DefiningTheta

HSC
Uni Grad
There's no BioMedical science engineering. It's biomedical engineering.

I'm doing the degree (medsc/engg) and I swapped into chem engg because the mech part of BioMed engg is very physics based which I don't like (but that was mech(BioMed), now that there is just BioMed it should be less mech-y and physics-y).

And I'm swapping to advanced science because I don't believe med science is helpful with engineering (and you take a full year away from engg to just do medsc :/).

So like, yay?
Oh... woops my bad.
So you're saying that Med Science/ Engineering is a fail combination, but Science/ Engineering is a.... thumbs up?
Then why is the ATAR higher than B. Science/ Eng, unless they wanted to do Medicine.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh... woops my bad.
So you're saying that Med Science/ Engineering is a fail combination, but Science/ Engineering is a.... thumbs up?
Then why is the ATAR higher than B. Science/ Eng, unless they wanted to do Medicine.
I'm not saying its a fail, I'm just saying I don't think it's for me.

I dunno, because I was one of the 24 people that wanted to do it and our ATARs were all okay, whereas BSc/BE has more places and more people want to do it.

But I will be doing BSc(Adv) or BSc(Adv Maffs) and engineering.

And yeah, it's because the medsc/engg people either want to do BioMed engg (which has a high-ish cutoff usually) or are med rejects (me).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)