B Medical Science B Arts in International Studies (1 Viewer)

adrian_1522

HSC
After much consideration, I think this is the course for me. BUT...

My UAI was only 86.30 and the 2006 cut-off is 86.75 :(. What are my chances of getting in?
Also, I have a few other questions.

If anyone does this course, what do you think of it? just general thoughts.
How is medical science at UTS?
Does the International studies side of it involve much english? (by that i mean copious amounts of essay writing, e.t.c.)
One more question, what would be the major differences between this course & the B Science B Arts in International Studie?

rocafella32

HSC
Hey im thinking about doing the same thing, but what uni are you thinking of going to?

Also im only doing med sci in the hope of getting into med later....ive heard that if your not keen on going onto medicine, med sci may not be the best thing

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
rocafella32 said:
Hey im thinking about doing the same thing, but what uni are you thinking of going to?

Also im only doing med sci in the hope of getting into med later....ive heard that if your not keen on going onto medicine, med sci may not be the best thing
You didn't specify what university you intend to, I assume NSW. I too am keen to do the agree to get into medicine, however I may also want to do a degree in VET science or forensic science, these are other passions of mine. I am unsure whether this degree is suitable for the latter, as you say, they are not.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
adrian_1522 said:
After much consideration, I think this is the course for me. BUT...

My UAI was only 86.30 and the 2006 cut-off is 86.75 :(. What are my chances of getting in?
Also, I have a few other questions.

If anyone does this course, what do you think of it? just general thoughts.
How is medical science at UTS?
Does the International studies side of it involve much english? (by that i mean copious amounts of essay writing, e.t.c.)
One more question, what would be the major differences between this course & the B Science B Arts in International Studie?
Regarding the International Studies course, the only essay subjects that are listed in the handbook is one subject on the culture of your country of interest and one sociology/politics subject. Everything else is either language study or the exchange itself.

Regarding Medical Science and Science, it may possibly be more pertinent to ask this question in the Science faculty subforum.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
i'm doing international studies (japanese). for the language subjects, well you just learn the language, but i think there are 1 or 2 general subjects that involve a bit of essay writing. but it shouldn't be too hard.

aussiechica7

HSC
would u consider just doing the B arts in international studies, then applying 2 med post grad, and doing a yr of b med sci? (a lot of unis offer that option).

also, don't lose heart. u could get in on a 2nd round offer. also, maybe the cutoffs will decrease this yr?

painkiller

HSC
If you really want to do it - then I suggest you keep the course as your preference ;) Who knows what can happen? I didn't expect to get into the course as well, but I managed to get in anyway.

Regarding the difference between B Sci and B Med Sci, B Med Sci is basically a science degree with its core subjects focused on medical topics such as human anatomy, microbiology, genetics etc. In the first year you do physical sciences such as chemistry and physics - so you'd be crossing over with the science people. I think with B Sci, you have a greater degree of freedom with regards to what you want to learn. I can't help much with the International Studies component, as I'll be starting that next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)