• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B Medical Science with BA International Studies? Is anyone doing this? (2 Viewers)

shinaenae4

HSC
I am a year 11 student and I am considering doing Bachelor of Medical Science with Bachelor of Arts in International Studies at UTS. I have read the website and while it does provide an insight into the course it would be really helpful if I could hear from someone who has done or is currently undertaking the course. I study french, so my country major would be France or New Caledonia. Has anyone done B of Medical Science? What is the course like and what careers could i get into?

Thanks, Shinae

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Honestly both have pretty bad employment, medical science is mostly for people trying to get into some kind of med program post-grad and International studies is just a side degree to learn something you want (in this case French),I suggest rethinking one of your degrees for something more employable, and to add both have little in relevance to each other in terms of synergy.

shinaenae4

HSC
Ok, thank you for your response! I am still really unsure about what I want to do in the future so i am keeping my options open. I do like science, although I am not sure if I can envision myself in the field of science in a future career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)