B. Medicine at Newcastle 2005 (1 Viewer)

NichNich

HSC
What the hell?! 19 is OLD?! I thought you were like 22+ lol

I'm 19... I don't think I'm 'old'

ishq

brown?
HSC
Congratulations moz and Bob. J! Great Job!
Tell us how you did it? What was your UAI/UMAT? Are you for real? lol!

Cheers!

kt

HSC
i got into med at newcastle. my uai was 93.85 , and i'm from a rural area so that was ok with the cutoff. my UMAT score was (as percentiles coz i don't remember the scores) S1- 88 S2- 99 S3- 58. i thought i bombed the interview as well cos they made me go and sit in the hallway when they had finished but then asked me to go back in and answer more questions, which really freaked me out. i have to defer this year so i can get youth allowance but i'll be there in 2006.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
finished high school when i was 17, turning 20 in a few months :p

as for UAI i got 97.85 in 02' (bummed out in the trials) but i started uni so they took in my uni avg. which is currently standing in the 70s or so, which is enough to satisfy them with their academic cut-off.
(This year 30% of places were available to tertiary studnets, 70% open to high school students)
I used my umat scores from 03', they were 55,70,70 (percentiles 70,90,98).
As for the interview, I think i made a good impression but I remember stuffing up about 5 or so questions.
For eg. they asked "do you like working individually?" I really wanted to say I was a flexible person and could manage both group/independent learning, but in my haste I said "yeah, i sometimes prefer it coz i hate it when people assk me dumb questions all the time" ahhhhhhhhh I'm so stupid.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Bob.J said:
As for the interview, I think i made a good impression but I remember stuffing up about 5 or so questions.
For eg. they asked "do you like working individually?" I really wanted to say I was a flexible person and could manage both group/independent learning, but in my haste I said "yeah, i sometimes prefer it coz i hate it when people assk me dumb questions all the time" ahhhhhhhhh I'm so stupid.
It doesn't matter now though, your in:)!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Sounds remarkably similar to my interview, lol

Moral: be truthful and you'll get in!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Sounds remarkably similar to my interview, lol

Moral: be truthful and you'll get in!
Hahah, that must be where is stuffed up in my MRS interview :)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
since when is 19 old?!?!?!?!?! i got told at work yesterday they i could be 46! AND THATS OLD!

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
since when is 19 old?!?!?!?!?! i got told at work yesterday they i could be 46! AND THATS OLD!
okok, 19 but almost 20. 'Old' relative to the first year students :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Bob.J said:
okok, 19 but almost 20. 'Old' relative to the first year students :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

no way, everyone in my course is pretty much 40+

oh yeah mizz_smee, thats another thing you have to look forward to :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)