• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

B of Chiro (2 Viewers)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Your better off not doing chem and physics. To be eligle for Chem101 (the easy and introduction to chem) you must have not done any chem in high school. Chem 102 the second course advances from the HSC course and is much harder, since you want to do Chiro its best off to not do any chem.

As for doctors looking done on chiros, who gives a damn anyways.

Pist0ff

well not really...
to us who did do chem in high school the chem101 course looks easy and preferable, but to people who didnt do it for the hsc, a fair few would struggle...
uni does teach the shite quite fast.... =D

and doctors are useful assets in a clinic...
when a patient goes "hi my back consistently hurts" the doc will hopefully refer them to a chiro... doesnt work if they think we belong to a cult....

:kaz.n:

HSC
thanks for all that info everyone...sounds like a good degree
also i heard u have to do 2 years post grad...do u have to just have a pass average to make it? what happens if u finish your bachelor and dont make it to the masters?
also after u finish the 5 years, do u have to do internship in a hospital or sumfin?and after ALL that what is the mean salary of a chiropractor, r they well paid?

thanks alot every1

Pist0ff

yeh u need 2 years post grad... whether or not a pass average is just needed im not sure...

if u dun make it to post grad u could go out work under a chiro for a year,.. and apply again thefollowing year i guess....

u do an internship/whatever during your post grad.. u spend 1000 hours in one of macq's chiro clinics...

currently there are no places for chiro in hospitals. if u wish to work in a hospital though, you can do physio...

Pist0ff

i think there is a demand as long as you chose the area for your first clinic right...
i will also probably take a while for you to build up ur patient base so its not exactly quick cash...

choose chiro of course! much more fun!
heh but thers many things to consider when you are choosing btwn chiro and physio... (why you wanna do med i have nfi =D)

what you could do is pay a visit to a chiro and a physio and see what they generally do. but its a bit hard to actually see the extense of their occupations unless you have a problem.

in the end the choice is up to you and your personal interests but you still have plenty of time to think about it... and besides come end of yr 12 your preferences might have totally changed

HSC
thankz alot for all ure help :D...i think chiro is the profession for me...as long as it isnt to taxing on my wrists and hands and i get good money...and what ever job i wanna do i wanna work for myself so this job is perfect

the problem is the UAIfor Bchirosci keeps climbing each year...when i was in yr 9 it was ~85, last year ~86 this year 87.5 next year (my time) 88-90 perhaps?

Pist0ff

mmm i doubt it'll rise over 90....

as long as u study smartly u should be able to get it...

wat subs u do?

HSC
Originally posted by Pist0ff
mmm i doubt it'll rise over 90....

as long as u study smartly u should be able to get it...

wat subs u do?
i do 3unit math, 3unit english, physics, bio and society&culture

just asking..for a uni course where u r guaranteed employment at a good salary and u have the option to open ure own business y doesnt the UAI shoot to like 95 (like physio)..y is chiropractic left behind?

ps. i hope it stays below 90 and shoots up in 2006 :D when im in the course :p

debugz

HSC
student interest, student awareness... your not going to go do something you know nothing about. We are brought up on physio in PE and sports throughout school life, however teenagers are rarley seen at chiros.

just a matter of interest i belive. and the lack of awarness of chiors ove rphsyios.

thats my 2cent

Pist0ff

whoops forget about this.. =D

chiros have limited media coverage when compared to physios. (especially due to sport... nearly every damn sport has one court/ring/field side... and the team physio seems to always comment on tv whenever a player is injured.)

many ppl actually have nfi what chiropractic is all about. i actually had no idea what chiropractic was, even when i went to one. i thought she was just a plain old physio. surprised me when she cracked my back...

oh yeh... we arent guarenteed employment. although our rate of employment is high, its not from the generation of new jobs but rather ppl moving from working for someone to the private practice.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
my chiro, i go for 10 minutes and it costs $40

yeah i want to do masters of chiro, but currently im doing bscience and am going to major in anatomy, and this is also what my chiro did.
but chro really works! it helps so much, thats the reason why i want to do it.

doe

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by bscienceboi
50 Patients(/week) * $200 (/hour)
=$10,000 /week

Approx. 48 Working Weeks
48 * $10,000
=$480,000 p.a

HAHAHHAAH
im sure the actuarial/commerce students could trim that down for you a bit :D tax is like $0.42 in the dollar at that level (or something), then youve got office rental, insurance, equipment blah blah.

still a pretty decent salary tho ... if you're prepared to put your back into it and work hard

:>

doe

HSC
N/A
back up there!

who gets paid $50k to be at uni? a spine tingling proposition.

Last edited:

debugz

HSC
*sigh*

out of uni pay rates

"out of uni" pay rates

mean when u get out of uni!.. geezzhhpimples

doe

HSC
N/A
oh

sorry

ill take that back then ... :D

debugz

HSC
man
if any of u guys.. have chem101, biol115, hlth132 or phys159 notes... (most o fu wont.. seeing they are 2nd sem).. ppm me.. intetested in purchasing them :D serz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)