B of Computing (E-business) (1 Viewer)

Jaron2005

HSC
Hey guys, I have came to conclusion on doing B of Computing (E-business) at Parramatta, and overall I happy with the course layout, but I got a query after being at UWS decision day.

My query is that, in first year, it stated that I will need to do Mathematics for business, I was wondering what sorta level of math is required, because I only did 2u General Mathematics during HSC, so I was wondering was this adequate.

Thanks in advance

Cheers.

Optophobia

HSC
I have no idea (there will be someone here who can answer), but they will have bridging courses available, so it's not impossible for you to tackle the subject.

klh

HSC
your course in the handbook gives you much valuable info on subjects, here http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=3507

The unit specifically says that hsc maths, equivalent to 2 unit is assumed knowledge and content is abotu basic maths applied ot business, algebra and calculus.

And just like Optophobia said, there are LSU bridging programs free of charge here:
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/ods/lsu/uniprepprograms
, if youre at penrith campus there is also a maths office where there is a peerson who can help you with maths problems i think at U building from memory andyou can always hassle the lecturer/tutor, they are sually friendly and like peopel who take interest.
The briding programs are theri to help brush up on skills or give you a summary of what you should know, but first year subjects usually start from the basics so put time into it and you'll be fine, and at least it not an area you dont know already.

hope it helps

Gerr

HSC
Im doing it aaswell and and in a similar quafaffle ( if thats how the word goes ) as the topic creator dude. .

klh

HSC
congrats on ur offers! Welcome to UWS.

I think just take it easy, if ufind difficulty, help is always on hand, whether online forums of uws, here, and lecturers/tutors, be friendly, kind an dpatient, work hard and itll be a cinch.

ztune

HSC
N/A
Any chicks doing this course i hope its not just guys

Tsubasa

HSC
Not many girls doing IT courses these days. My sis was doing IT at USYD and she says there's under 10% girls.

ztune

HSC
N/A
for the different units der wont just be ppl from B-computing right>? will there will be others from different courses? for example Programing, would there be people from Science courses becasue they do programing aswell

e=mc2

HSC
im doing this as well and i did general maths, lol.

HSC
N/A
im doing the same subject. and totally lost about what units.
any help ?!

Khmerunited

HSC
23072006 said:
any other girls out there doing this ><"
dude..stop asking that...:rofl: i'm sure the chance of that happening is very slim. Full stop.

anyway see ya guys on tuesday

HSC
N/A
i didnt even ask before
dont like it. just close the thread Full stop
:santa:

Khmerunited

HSC
yeh i did go...nothing really important..except discuss abt the course structure and stuffs...abt 30mins

Jaron2005

HSC
Yeah I was there as well....

So had anyone here enrolled yet? I am waiting for tonight before enrolling.

ztune

HSC
N/A
i think ders a minor problem communication1 is at 9 till 10 then maths is on 10 - 12:30 anyone else noticed this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)