• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

B Psych + B Laws (1 Viewer)

Michael0

HSC
Hello everybody!
Long time no see!
I knowww, right?!
I've been caught up doing all of my Prelim stuff that counts towards everything, yeah. :D

So I'm pretty sure the only University that offers a Bachelor of Arts - Psychology coupled with a Bachelor of Laws is Macquarie. I quite like Macquarie - in fact I think it's a great University, and if I managed to get into this highly competitive course, I would be over the moon!

I was sitting here mulling over the opportunity, and then I thought - Bored of Studies!

Does anybody do these particular degrees together? I just think it's perfect for me but I've heard from a friend who knows a girl who does it at Macquarie that it is extremely time-consuming but very rewarding in its own right.

Can anybody shed any light on this for me? I would love to know your experiences with it or if you've heard anything about it.

HSC
There are plenty of Arts/Law degrees, many of them may not brand itself as "Arts - Psychology", but you can do it nonetheless in most Arts + combined degree

samaccount123

HSC
Haha, yeah kevins right bro..the only reason why macquarie says it in that form is because it needs to keep up with the good ol trends of advertising their courses for majoring in psychology..

You can combine many Arts (Majoring in Psychology) with another Degree at many uni's, its just tradition maybe ?

Michael0

HSC
Oh really? I actually didn't know that.

So you're saying that adding the Psychology bit to Bachelor of Arts - Psychology doesn't actually seperate it from any other Arts course where I can just choose Psychology to major in? Am I getting it wrong?

Technically, most other universities offers it then?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
at uow there is a psychology/law degree

at unsw you can do it within science/law

LA88

HSC
Haha, yeah kevins right bro..the only reason why macquarie says it in that form is because it needs to keep up with the good ol trends of advertising their courses for majoring in psychology..

You can combine many Arts (Majoring in Psychology) with another Degree at many uni's, its just tradition maybe ?
That's like saying 'don't worry about trying to get into a law degree–just pick arts and you can do law subjects'. It's not always as simple as that. There may be pre-requisites that limit entry into some psych subjects to students enrolled in a psych degree. I know that is certainly the case with law (arts students can't complete law units unless they're are in second or third year). The best advice is to check it out. Make inquiries to make sure that if you go to a uni other than macquarie you can choose all your psych subjects in an ordinary BA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)