BA comm journalism / law ~ HELP! (1 Viewer)

shimmy&shine

HSC
hey,

i got offered a straight Ba comm (journalism) degree, but now that i think about it, I really really want to combine it with law.

My uai wasn't high enough for the combined degree (although I hear that people who get around 94 have been offered places :s ) so i have no chance in the late round.

To my understanding, for those who are combining their comm degree with Int Studies, they are not studying int studies until second year. Is this also the case with law.

so pretty much I'm doing BA comm, but now I've realised i want to combine it with law (which i didn't even consider to put on my preferences). So how do i go about it? What are my options? Can i transfer at the end of the year or something?

Thanks in advance. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
shimmy&shine said:
hey,

i got offered a straight Ba comm (journalism) degree, but now that i think about it, I really really want to combine it with law.

My uai wasn't high enough for the combined degree (although I hear that people who get around 94 have been offered places :s ) so i have no chance in the late round.

To my understanding, for those who are combining their comm degree with Int Studies, they are not studying int studies until second year. Is this also the case with law.

so pretty much I'm doing BA comm, but now I've realised i want to combine it with law (which i didn't even consider to put on my preferences). So how do i go about it? What are my options? Can i transfer at the end of the year or something?

Thanks in advance. :)
Study of law subjects in the combined degree begins in the second semester, unlike the international studies people. You also may transfer at the end of the year however it will have to be through UAC which means you pretty much need a D/HD average to transfer into the BA Comm/LLB. The other option would be to do graduate law after your degree has finished.

Alternatively you could transfer to Communications/Law at UWS or Media/Law at MQ, which have lower cut-offs.

sarah89

HSC
ahhh shimmy&shine im exactly the same...
i decided i hated legal studies and therefore law, so picked the straight BA communication- journalism.
now its a different story dammit!!
but if one was able to transfer into the combined degree how long would the total degree take??

did people with only 94 really get offered places???

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
sarah89 said:
ahhh shimmy&shine im exactly the same...
i decided i hated legal studies and therefore law, so picked the straight BA communication- journalism.
now its a different story dammit!!
but if one was able to transfer into the combined degree how long would the total degree take??

did people with only 94 really get offered places???
It would probably take 5.5 years since you'd have missed out on a couple of law subjects in first year and the double degree does slightly more than the standard full time load (not by much though). I honestly would just go for grad law at UTS after your degree, requires less mucking around at the end of the year and would take the same time in the end. Though thats just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)